Front clip removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So a quick question, I'm getting ready to do a drivetrain swap and want to know if you can remove the front clip in one piece or do you have to remove everything individually

I believe it can be done. Most remove the fenders 1st. Check Scrapdaddy, Lil'John, or J Mack s threads. Or do a search
Thanks I did a quick search didn't really come up with much , I will look closer when I get a chance, just didn't really wanna add work if I don't need to

IIRCC the inner fenders are attached to the radiator mount, it comes apart as 1 piece.

P6180009.JPG

P6180010.JPG

Ok, keeper comin. That wouldn't really count as from clip, if you have to disassemble half the front end anyway. But if that is as close as can come then it is what it is.

Ok different approach, how difficult is it to remove old engine and tranni and install v8 and auto tranni with just the hood off?

that depends; how long is chinese?

it's not to terrible to just remove the front clip in 4 or 5 pieces...that said, a decent cherry picker and zero lift ought to do it. I pulled and placed a 3FE h42 splitcase combo from a 62 without pulling the clip...it is a loooong combo

Ok, keeper comin. That wouldn't really count as from clip, if you have to disassemble half the front end anyway. But if that is as close as can come then it is what it is.

Fenders have to come off first to remove the inner fenders. As others have said it’s possible to do an engine swap without removing the front clip but you’ll spend more time trying to navigate around the parts then the time it takes you to remove them. I think I had my entire front clip off by myself in about three hours this last go around and it made the rest of the job of engine removal and reinstall so much better I wouldn’t consider doing it any other way.

I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and do it, I have.to can up mounts and redo the steering system with ram assist. So it's gonna be a lot easier without fenders in the way

yeah give yourself the room to breath while you're working. if anything hit one of the fenders too hard, you'd never forgive yourself. ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured meats.

mmmmm cured meats...

there's no other way to do it, son. :beer: it's noon somewhere...

Ck out how scrapdaddy welded extra metal on his door hinge mounts! Killer! I followed his lead too. That is an obvious area of weakness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom