Frame Work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any suggestions for additional welded reinforcement while I have the body off. I've already welded the frame plate/mounts on for my sliders and boxed the steering box mount. Still have a little more to do with the from pan hard mount. I'm also adding addition weld bead to the existing shock mounts, coil buckets, etc.

You might consider bracing or at least adding some weld beads to the front track bar bracket and it’s bracing tube on both frame rails. You must be planning to wheel you 80 hard and often.

The panhard reinforcent is included in the steering box mount playing. 3/8" plates on both sides on the frame and 1/4" top and bottom.

You might consider bracing or at least adding some weld beads to the front track bar bracket and it’s bracing tube on both frame rails. You must be planning to wheel you 80 hard and often.

Not sure how high you want to jump your rig, but I recommend beefing up the front axle housing if you are running OEM. I learned that the hard way!

Not sure how high you want to jump your rig, but I recommend beefing up the front axle housing if you are running OEM. I learned that the hard way!
Can you elaborate on your experience?

I already POR-15ed it but Im strongly considering griding it back and building a top truss on front and rear truss in back. Idk how high I'm going to be jumping it but there's a very good chance its going to have a 6bt sitting over the front axle before everything is aid and done. Along with a Slinky or ICON setup, likely with jounce shocks so I can hit it fast when desired. This will be more a overland build but highly capable. I'm trying to build it beefed up in the problem areas while I have it apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom