Frame Rust Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy either a 02/03 or 07/08 Tacoma.
I heard recently that they had issues with the frame rusting.
Are they still recalling them and replacing them or has that offer expired?
If so, what can I do to protect the frame from getting rusted?

And finally, I want to name the Truck. Anyone got any good Tacoma names? Haha

I have owned 4 1st genTacomas and been around many more and in the three states I have lived in since the 1st gens came out I have never seen a rusted frame. ( Calif., NM and Texas) the only 2 that I saw were in Ohio and Mass.

I have owned 4 1st genTacomas and been around many more and in the three states I have lived in since the 1st gens came out I have never seen a rusted frame. ( Calif., NM and Texas) the only 2 that I saw were in Ohio and Mass.

They are BAD here in PA. I personally know of 3 guys who have had their trucks either bought back or fixed. That said, there are trucks like my '95 that are 20+ years old and have great frames!

I think the recall is past for all of the 1st gen Tacos.

I would do a CarFax and be sure to avoid any from the rust belt. My 99 4Runner I bought in 2014 came from Oregon and frame has no issues. Unless it came from somewhere they salt the roads doubt you will have a issue. Tacoma may have had a problem but I would avoid any vehicle that spent anytime driving on salted road. Any vehicle could very well have rust problems.

Fluid film.

First time we used a compressor, etc. Second time my son was busy so I went to NAPA and bought six cans. Used five.

The job was just as good and I just threw the empty cans in the trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom