frame questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

Recently acquired a 1980 HJ45... knew that it had some frame issues but was hard to tell to what extent with the flat tires high grass/vegetation growing around it. Now have it home and have put some new tires the frame being worked on and higher on one side is more obvious.

On a positive note happy to say that after years of sitting it just needed a quick kick in the ass and now starts right up.

Trying to figure out what my options would be on the frame... before i start worrying about the sourcing the original style bed for it.

Any tips or similar experiences would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Christian

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

IMG_4242.JPG

IMG_4243.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

Last edited:
this one is in Canada
For Sale - Fj45 lwb frame in bc

did you try a frame shop to see if they could do anything to it? looks like it is angled down to the passenger side from the rear pic.

did you get the paperwork straightened out?

you sure it is not suspension related? these flex the frame quite a bit. hard to tell but the pass side rear shackle looks somewhat inverted
Rear xmember can be obtained from hadley industries if needed. I used an FJ40 one and redrilled some holes. I seem to remember them having an ebay store or a google search could probably find him. I think it was "Vic" ? Old TLCA vendor from Way back in the day.
I would try to get it to relax and check the rear springs/bushings for binding at a min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom