Fox Shox 2.0's Are On! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spending a little time under the truck this week, I realized my rear shocks are nearly blown (pretty easy to compress by hand) and the old yellow OME bushings must have shrunk or something, they're not securely holding the bottom of the shock in place. So the first 1/2" of travel is completely undampened (explains why concrete highways were so damn bouncy).

Anyhoo, I just ordered the Fox 2.0's in the 1.5-2.5" variety (985-24-073) on ebay from a vendor called liftkits4less. Price is $260/pair, I used the "make an offer" feature, offered $230, they countered $238. Tons of positive feedback for this vendor, and the #1 comment was "fast shipping." I'm hoping to get them on the truck by next wednesday.

Wanted to order from Down South, but couldn't find them on the website and it was too late to call and I got antsy.

Yep old thread. But still good info. I bought the same ones just like the poster above for about the same price. But i was able to get them from Downsouth. For other buyers I would recommend going through downsouth if you can. but I understand being antsy and having a hard time reaching a company happens some time. No problem with Heckraiser there. But for me i could call them, ask them all the questions i want and just got them off of ebay FROM DOWNSOUTH. It would be huge pain to try to order from someone else and get the wrong item. You would not know until the install, then have to ship back and all that. Downsouth will do it right. I would talk to them and go with their recommendations. I dont pretend to know more about shocks than them.

My approach with stuff like this is give all the info about my build and intended use to the experts, then follow their recommendations. If i have ideas of suggestions i will bounce it off of them.

My original plan for my truck was to keep it simple, clean and light weight. The 2.0 smooth bodies are working great for that.

But as time has gone on i am now sitting with front and rear bumpers, sliders, dual batt, roof rack, skid plate and a M12,000. I think she gained a few pounds for sure. Also considering some long "faster" trails like the transamerican in the future. So the remote reservoirs have crept up on my radar as a future mod. But even with the extra weight i have to say i still like the smooth bodies just fine for now.

Last edited:
I picked up all 4 Fox 2.0 Performance shocks for $462 with free shipping and no tax from AutoAnything. They run a 10% deal all the time. A few folks were able to get 20% off their order.

So question?
How do you know what size fox shocks and the kind of valving you need? I have a 1994 fj80 with OME 850J front and 863 rear.

I put the fox 2.0 shocks on my rig and only got 14 months before they both blew out on the front. Now I am saving for new shocks again.

I put the fox 2.0 shocks on my rig and only got 14 months before they both blew out on the front. Now I am saving for new shocks again.

Define blown out?

Also, get the tools and rebuild them. It isn't that hard.

Define blown out?

Also, get the tools and rebuild them. It isn't that hard.
All the oil that was inside of the shocks is now on the outside of the shocks.
I understand I can rebuild them but considering what I paid and the amount of use I got from them I don't even want to waste my time with rebuilding. I am just going to put something more reliable on.

I just put these on, hopefully they last longer than that. I'm curious how heavy those are that are having blown shocks. Coming from 10 year old OME Ls, they are softer for sure. I'm also on OME Comp 5" which have a little higher spring rate (280 lbs.) than most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom