Fox Shox 2.0's Are On! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love this idea and want to replace my 7100's. Do you have the part number for the fronts?

I love this idea and want to replace my 7100's. Do you have the part number for the fronts?

I get first dibs on the 7100's :flipoff2:

All four shox are the same: 980-14-032-A. They do not come valved at all, so someone will need to set them up for you.

Update: I will need to add more rebound to all four. The compression is good at 30-35, but the rebound needs to be about 90-95 for the really big, fast hits. It's OK otherwise.

Cool, thanks man. I plan to replace mine over the next month or so. Id like to know what your final valving ends up as if you dont mind sharing.

Fox has post top/ eye bottom shocks. Check the 100 tech section.

I just checked the 100 series section, but I want more info. I want some truly bolt on shocks to replace my OME's with. Maybe I didn't find the right threads.

Anyone tried the FOX shox with OME spring? How is the ride?

Anything new to add about these Bikeman? I'm considering get a set for mine.

looking for info on these with OME springs too.

What do you need to know specifically? With OME springs, the valving should be close to what is good for the Slee springs I am using.

You will need to decide if you want valving set up for a heavier 80 or a light one like mine.

You will also need to valve the shocks for the type of driving you do off road, i.e. fast desert or rock crawling.

Get the eye adapters for the front top and bottom and the top rear, and a 3/4" bushing for the rear lower, then order you shocks.

Any new valve changes? What is your final setup if you dont mind sharing. I need new front shocks.

Nothing yet. I will keep it for a while how it is. It is fine for 98% of what most people will want. No high speed off-road driving until AZ in October of '09.

I had in issue with my rig's frame articulating into the body of the shock and destroying the shock. If and when that happens as you can probably guess the shock is pretty useless until you rebuild and replace the body of the shock. Hopefully it wont be an issue with your rig.

I had in issue with my rig's frame articulating into the body of the shock and destroying the shock. If and when that happens as you can probably guess the shock is pretty useless until you rebuild and replace the body of the shock. Hopefully it wont be an issue with your rig.

Sam, Can you elaborate? Front or rear? Even with your body lift? Your Kings are 2.5's, right?

All four shox are the same: 980-14-032-A. They do not come valved at all, so someone will need to set them up for you.

Update: I will need to add more rebound to all four. The compression is good at 30-35, but the rebound needs to be about 90-95 for the really big, fast hits. It's OK otherwise.

how about passing on the info for the shop that set these up for you? I'd like to order the same so they bolt on with little issue...

What size spring lift do you need to make these worth it?

I have a good connection for some bilstein 7100's that seem to have the same mounting issues compared to OEM or OME. I am installing OME medium springs and need shocks and am obviously interested in the Billies due to price, but didnt want to have to custom make a mount for the shocks. From this thread it looks like I could do the same thing with the eye adaptors and busings. Where would I find these and am I correct?

If you aren't going to custom make (upper) mounts, you might as well go with the OME L's. You're going to limit your travel by using the adapters.

Making new upper mounts is very easy. You can see my Pro Comp ES9000 thread on how I did mine.

Hey Howsit going?

I've been lurking in this forum for some time now but haven't posted much. No LC yet, but absorbing as much info and ideas as i can for when i find the right one.

Your fox shox setup looks great, but i was wondering if you have had any issues with stones kicking up and hitting the shock body on the rears? I've read that the 80 series rear shocks are prone to stone damage. Just wondering if you've noticed anythings like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom