found this in a magazine .SOA Wardens style (1 Viewer)

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer

thought i might post this up .I found it in an old magazine i had stashed away.

SOA shackle reversal conversion wardens style

not sure if you all can read it .:doh:

spring-over (Medium).jpg
spring-over 1 (Medium).jpg
spring-over 2 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer

if i remember correctly that was true .i had to contact warden years ago to ask them about the degrees they reccommended it was missing from the article,
i don't no why it seemed to be a secret ? they didn't have any problem telling me .

i had to ask them about the pipe cutter thingy also ,
it did not work for me .it just broke the blades as it wobbled around the axle tube. ,
i guess i didn't grind it round enough or used the wrong type of pipe cutter ..

i have that article and i believe they keep the alignment degrees a secret for the c and t.

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star

Also interesting who wrote that article. Harald is still around guiding people through the Rubicon. I usually run into him once a year or so but didn't see him last year. He rents clients an FJ40(he has 2), and he guides them through in his Jeep TJ.

Here is his website: http://4x4abc.com/4x4trips/competent.html

Danny Warden had a brown SOA late model FJ40. It was in nice condition but not particularly hard core by recent standards. V8 swap, SM420 etc.

Any way to get a bigger scan of that Conn-Ferr ad? I have a bunch of stuff from that vintage - I would like to see what the description really says.

Thanks -

Rocky

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess that Dave Frieberger wrote the article. He wrote the article for SU on the first Rubithon in '89. Big Mike told me at Rubithon last year he was gonna post that one up on Marlin's website. Don't know if he ever did. I can ask him in a few weeks in Bakersfield. Or you techy guys can sleuth it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom