Fossil Springs Clean-up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saturday September 27th

The road that you turn off of 87 on, IIRC is called Fossil Springs Rd, FS708? It takes you to the camp, there is only one Y, stay on 708, 428 takes you back to Pine, 87

Is this correct?

Saturday September 27th

The road that you turn off of 87 on, IIRC is called Fossil Springs Rd, FS708? It takes you to the camp, there is only one Y, stay on 708, 428 takes you back to Pine, 87

Is this correct?
Yup. You going up Fri or Sat? I'm thinkin mid day Fri. John

Saturday September 27th

Is this correct?

Yep. The road is good for any truck and most cars, the exception being very low cars. The only real challenge for a low car would be the entrance to camp, but with some spotting just about anything should make it.

Who is up for wheeling with the team on Sunday?

Yep. The road is good for any truck and most cars, the exception being very low cars. The only real challenge for a low car would be the entrance to camp, but with some spotting just about anything should make it.

Howdy! I know some darn fool got an Astro van in OK last year. Hope he don't have to do that again!! Really, there is just one little nasty spot at the second fence line going into the camping area, and I made it without a spotter. Stack a couple of rocks there, and you could bring a sedan. Where ya gonna wheel on Sunday? John

I like Sat(drive up, clean up, camp nite), exit Sun afternoon(wheeling, baby). But I can't confirm plans just yet....

A lot of nice spots in Childs next to the water. The problem in the past has been nudest :eek: not young college girl frolicking about:clap: but old men fat men(not me:flipoff2:). Not the best place for a family camping. The road from Childs back up to the main road has sucked in the past not the kind road I would want to be going up and down all day.

Maybe check with Cat and see if the Childs environment has change.....the area is very nice.

Just stay away from the Hot Springs and you'll be fine...:cool:

Whats funny is one of my first camping trips with my now wife was there....we were the first to the springs in the morning and then all these old men started showing up...

Whats funny is one of my first camping trips with my now wife was there....we were the first to the springs in the morning and then all these old men started showing up...
Howdy! Maybe those guys are the farmers/guards for all that marijuana the feds found growing upstream about 10 years ago. Might be the only chance they get to bath/socialize. Are all of these nature lovers just camping or living at Childs? John

Hey! Who are you calling old? We're the ones who clean up the place! Unless you mean the naked old farts. We may be proud, but we're not that proud!

Are we camping in the same spot or not?

Last edited:
Hey! Who are you calling old? We're the ones who clean up the place! Unless you mean the naked old farts. We may be proud, but we're not that proud!

Are we camping in the same spot or not?
Plannin on it. You bringin up a load of firewood on Friday evening? John

"The problem in the past has been nudest not young college girl frolicking about but old men fat men(not me)."
old men fat men = Targets...:hillbilly:

Funny story...took a group of boy scouts to Havasupai...They wanted to spend a lot of time around the naked German school girls...they do things differently in Germany...Scouts got lessons in cultural diversity.:D

John, Yes I want to make a Friday entrance, but that will depend on Jill's ability to escape Friday PM classes. I didn't like showing up Saturday AM last year. I missed all of the best trash!
If we are in the same place, (sounds like it) I can bring the trailer. It's a work trailer, not for trails. I have plenty of old lumber, as usual. When I am going that way, I drop some off at local campgrounds. It takes 40 years to grow a tree. I use it all at least twice. When it is finally worn out, it makes great BTU's! If I lack time to cut it to length, I'll bring the chop saw. I'll put some old lumber in the trailer and bring it along.

old men fat men = Targets...:hillbilly:

C'mon Brittan. Those guys worked long and hard to get old and fat! It beats being young and dead! I'll be happy to reach their age, I'll likely still be slight and even more wiry. But I will not be nude! Nude is for those few who look good that way!;) That won't be me.

Howdy! I forgot to ask last night, if the FS is supplying garbage bags and transportation again for our little collection activity? John

Do we have a headcount on this trip? Who all's bring wife/kids? My wife may come, but she would like to know how bored she' gonna get listening to nothing but Cruiser-holics. John

Do we have a headcount on this trip? Who all's bring wife/kids?

I'll be at the cleanup.
I have no wife nor kids.
:princess: has a prior engagement.
I'm 50% sure I'll be camping Saturday night.
I'm 50% sure I'll be wheeling Sunday.

I'm coffee canning the gas money right now. If I go, I definitely want to camp and wheel on Sunday. Also, not sure of the head count (wife and kids).

Side note - I changed out my tranny and t-case oil. And I have a nasty rear t-case seal leak. I'll be trying to bandaid that up before Sat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom