Forced Air Technologies (FAT) mistreated my vehicle & left paid work unfinished, Phoenix AZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yjeff

AZ to Alaska to Argentina in Land Cruisers '12-'16
Threads
Website
www.overlandtheworld.com
Forced Air Technologies Review “FAT” mistreated my vehicle & left paid work unfinished

I have never written a negative review before but I feel that Forced Air Technologies and its owner Robert Ansick have mistreated my vehicle and their customer so egregiously that they warranted this review. I was a 4x repeat customer of FAT and was previously satisfied with their work, to their credit, they provided premium workmanship on previous jobs of mine, but not most recently (7/28/2017). I have called and emailed repeatedly over the last 2 weeks to FAT with zero resolution, and as such, feel this may be my last option. I hired FAT in July to fix a leak in my exhaust, replace a defective muffler, and some other minor labor issues (they built my full 304 stainless exhaust (Aug 2015), under 18,000 miles ago). I thought it would have lasted longer, but I know custom welding work is temperamental, just like the owner.

There are a few other issues I have with the management of FAT, but the core issues are:

1. They left my vehicle undrivable as the exhaust constantly hits the frame every time it is fully warmed. This was from a cheap rubber hanger they didn't replace and refuse to fix it.

2. They called me to pick up my vehicle as it was “ready”, when I arrived the vehicle was unattended in their lot, with both front windows 100% down, & the keys visible from 10 ft outside the vehicle. It is unacceptable to leave a car open like that for any length of time.

3. Even though I have given FAT around $4k in business over the last 2 years, Rob (the owner) had the audacity to tell me that I was a not a worthy customer, he then cut short our conversation and went over to a group of other customers (turbo Jeep build), and told me they were more important to him, and were spending more, apparently.
  4. They are using photos of my car to promote their business

I really liked FAT & Rob before this all happened, so buyer beware. I’m sure Rob or the management will respond to this with irrelevant or misleading mitigating factors, so take that with a grain of salt. I have all my receipts, paid cash, and paid what the front desk guy told me to. I wish I wouldn't have paid FAT, since I am left to pay another shop to finish the job. I sincerely feel ripped off for the $480 paid for the repair, which was lower quality work than I know they can do. Forced Air Tech should not feel satisfied with how they left my Land Cruiser.

Business Info:
2995 W Whitton Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85017
602-993-3288
Home

Jeff It is unfortunate you feel this way. We have done an immense amount of quality work that has taken you around the world, but your recent conduct within our shop has forced us to cut ties. Furthermore, this review is unjustified based on our circumstances with you. As you say to take our reply with a "grain of salt", most will know there are always two sides to a story.

Forced Air Technologies stands by our work and conduct and will continue to work alongside customers who reciprocate the respect given to them for their time and money spent within our shop.

Jeff It is unfortunate you feel this way. We have done an immense amount of quality work that has taken you around the world, but your recent conduct within our shop has forced us to cut ties. Furthermore, this review is unjustified based on our circumstances with you. As you say to take our reply with a "grain of salt", most will know there are always two sides to a story.

Forced Air Technologies stands by our work and conduct and will continue to work alongside customers who reciprocate the respect given to them for their time and money spent within our shop.

It's nice to see that you responded, but the original post is over a year old.

Guess they were just making sure they had their facts right and finishing up the turbo jeep builds :)

Rob @Forced Air Tech ,

Did you only join MUD to respond to this and my Google review (over a year later with a canned response)? You have terrible customer service & treated my vehicle and myself very poorly. Sounds like you are still trying to blame the customer...

I regret paying your shop over $4k and treated you with total respect until you left my car unfinished and left alone (with the keys inside and window down) outside. You should be ashamed of your professionalism and how sloppy you left this vehicle.

Last edited:
Rob @Forced Air Tech ,

Did you only join MUD to respond to this and my Google review (over a year later with a canned response)? You have terrible customer service & treated my vehicle and myself very poorly. Sounds like you are still trying to blame the customer...

I regret paying your shop over $4k and treated you with total respect until you left my car unfinished and left alone (with the keys inside and window down) outside. You should be ashamed of your professionalism and how sloppy you left this vehicle.

Never pay until 100% satisfied... lesson to us all, or pay with a check! And stop payment......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom