For Sale/Wanted To Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All right Glenn the 76 axle is your's if you want it. Do you have a rear 40 axle to go with the front 76 for gearing purposes. Both are available if you want them. I know that you are glad that I have that 76 you are getting good parts off of it. I am just glad that another addict is getting what he needs without some of these assholes I've seen trying to get rich off of them. Let me know what you decide. E-Mail: Gregeshaw@aol.com
Cell: (843)687-4072
Leave message on cell if you call. Since the train crash in Cali. Talking or texting while running Locomotives is a federal offense.

So for everybody out there I am still looking for a 62 axle for the disc swap. Greg

Haven't done the research yet on the 62 to 40 disc axles swap yet but in my experience from 25 yrs with toyota and lexus i don't think this is a viable option. I think Jeremy is correct in that you already have what you need in the backyard. Eventhough that would put me out of what i'm looking for.
Glenn

PM sent

All right Glenn the 76 axle is your's if you want it. Do you have a rear 40 axle to go with the front 76 for gearing purposes. Both are available if you want them. I know that you are glad that I have that 76 you are getting good parts off of it. I am just glad that another addict is getting what he needs without some of these assholes I've seen trying to get rich off of them. Let me know what you decide. E-Mail: Gregeshaw@aol.com
Cell: (843)687-4072
Leave message on cell if you call. Since the train crash in Cali. Talking or texting while running Locomotives is a federal offense.

So for everybody out there I am still looking for a 62 axle for the disc swap. Greg

You owe me Glenn for talking him out of using this on his rig?;) You can just give me the third members as payment.

Jeremy

Last edited:
5ea BFG AT KO FOR SALE....Make and offer!

I bought 5 steelies with center caps from a gentleman a month or more ago and they were dropped off at my buddies near Charlotte to keep at his motorcycle dealership. Picked them up yesterday and they are brand new pretty much with great centercaps and no scratches or rust anywhere....so these are going to be the ones I put mudders on if my wife ever lets me drive FJ again...

what really caught me by surprise is the guy left on his tires....nearly new set of 5 ea BFG AT KO tires...looks to have about 15,000++ miles left on them as they are about halfway worn and those are usually at least a 40k tire. Spare is brand new with zero miles but other four are worn a bit.

If someone wants a great deal on 5x BFG AT KO (3ply sidewall) in 265x70x17....make me an offer. They go for $200 a piece on Discount Tires Direct.......so make a serious offer and they are yours. Tires only...not wheels..unless you make me an even better offer. :D

here they are all stacked and mounted as I bought them..just took out of back of FJ60 tonight.
371106373.jpg

This shows tread on the 4 primary tires as the guy did not rotate in his spare more than once....the tread is a little over half of the spare tread which still has nubs on it in places.
371106354.jpg

Here is the spare....so figure they got about 15-20K miles left on the tires being the avg wear on this style and brand.
371106387.jpg

Last edited:
I was wrong about the knuckle pattern. 76' is still the small pattern. If you plan to run longs, then stay away from installing this set. However you could still use the lockouts, hardware, hubs, and spindles and buy everything else new.

Keep in mind that you will need new steering arms with the larger pattern knuckles. 4x4Labs is your friend for those.

It looks like Glenn would be best served with this axle, as it will be a nice upgrade for a mild wheeler/stock driver running 33's or less.

David, you will need the larger knuckles just like he is looking for. Or a set of Dana 44's from a Waggy or Wide track CJ.

Jeremy

76 axle course spline pinion

Have yet to see a cruiser axle without vented rotors. I thought that was a mini truck thing.

75-78 axles had small pattern knuckles. Not really an issue unless your going over 35's or doing a SOA. Actually I'm running a 76 currently SOA with 4x4 labs small pattern arms. No issues yet but I don't wheel very hard.

75-78 usually had Warn locking hubs. Because the 75-78 fine spline birf were long. Something that stopped doing after 78. Warn hubs are a know weak issue.

That being said I have 2 sets of them sitting on a pallet.

Best thing to do is rob a 62 axle of everything. minus the housing. A front third is used very little and it's nice to have a fine spline pinion.

I'm just going to use the components from the knuckles out for the swap as the 55 housing is wider than a 40. I'll take it. I assume the front axle is still mounted under the vhicle?

My understand is the 55 and 40 axles are identical through the years.

If anyone wants to do a cheap SOA without buying all new steering stuff I have an aqula arm for sale for the small pattern knuckles. Selling it for 100 + shipping.

I am just glad that another addict is getting what he needs without some of these assholes I've seen trying to get rich off of them. Greg

Watch it. I know one of those assholes.;) And so do you.

IMG_1908.JPG

1994 tan 80 no lockers cloth interior. this used to be lextech 's truck. head gasket replaced and the phh. new OME lift and castor bushings new BFG 285 75 AT. 214,000 on the clock. runs great no oil leaks and doesnt burn oil. if you have any questions about the truck s history ask glen. i havnt had it long and only put a little over 1000 miles on it. please pm for more info thanks.

LTB Super Swampers
33x13.5x15
75% tread
$300

I still got the 5 BFG AT KO tires if anyone is interested.... price has been reduced as tired of them sitting in my garage already. $400 for all 5 tires and they are yours. I know someone that has a 17 inch wheel on their rig needs a set of tires that are good for another 20-30k miles.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/4655740-post46.html

Would be a great deal if it wasn't in So Cal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom