For Sale / Wanted Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everyone makes mistakes and I believe I was treated fairly.

I agree, they did make it right. Guess that $40 price tag was too good to be true! Oh well I will probably end up getting a Viair in the end.

Not sure I think this is quite so benign - it feels alot like a bait & switch to me. New site offers a great deal, gets you on board and all your info, then switches the product for a cheaper one (the hose retails for about $24). If the listing was a mistake, they should have simply explained and canceled the order rather than shipping a different, less expensive product.

Got my hoses (I had ordered two units) yesterday. I guess I squeaked a little louder, as they offered me one unit for $60. I tried to return the hoses, but they said they had already processed the refund and couldn't generate a return shipping label for a refunded order.

I will say that the customer service was outstanding. They're based out of Utah and I ended up talking to one guy about the San Rafael trip a bit while they worked things. They're largely an aggregator, which wasn't originally clear to me, so they don't always have direct control over order fulfillment.

Hi.

We're looking for a replacement 1FZ-FE engine for our '97 FZJ80. Preferably rebuilt or low mileage, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. My boyfriend blew up the engine, so we need to replace it ASAP. (He said he was sorry.) It actually just seems to be a severe rod-knock.

We're around the Leadville, CO area. Please let us know if there's anything for sale. We're willing to pay a fair price, but looking for something basic to get the truck running again, since this is currently our only vehicle, and we're a bit tight on cash at the moment. :cry:

Thanks!

In my world, it's Warn winch or no winch. I've owned a few different brands, and I'll never go back. I believe the Warns are conservatively rated, and the Smittybilt's are embellished. I've seen them stall a few times. Warns either pull, or die trying. My personal favorite is the Warn M8000. I own three. The most impressive winch event I've personally ever witnessed was when Rodney drove a fully built and armored Jeep LJ on 35's into a flash flood in Moab. The Jeep sunk into the sand wash, front tires buried, water flowing over the dash, the inside completely full of sand, engine dead...Chuck Wigham braved the flood and got the winch line from my XJ's M8000 hooked to the bumper, and that winch groaned and pulled that dead LJ out of the flood single lined. I was shocked. Let me see a Smitty do that. As a bonus, you can google exploded parts diagrams for Warn winches, and buy every single part for them on SummitRacing.com. Where do you buy parts for other brand winches?... :cool:

Save up and buy the original, buy the best.

Now, all that being said, I wouldn't buy a Warn VR series winch. They designed those to compete with Smitty's price point. Go into Predator, and they have a planetary set from an M series and VR series sitting on the counter. There's a big difference in size and strength.

My 10K smittybilt has done ok for me, but I've definitely stalled it - double line pull even. Though that pull did bend my bumper and eventually required two more winches.

IMG_0658.JPG
Not sure which model that is. Seems a bit pricy for an older used winch. The M8000's I know have a detachable solenoid box, so it can be mounted a variety of different ways, even under the hood. Chuck Wigham has his that way. The freespool lever and planetary housing is clockable, in case you have a funny shaped bumper. I have mine clocked down, so I can reach under my ARB and engage/disengage it.
That's probably the same guts as an m8, with integrated solenoids. I wouldn't buy it without pulling the 6 or 8 Allen bolts and looking inside at the planetaries to see if there is any corrosion. You can always expect some. Also, note how expensive those cables are. I bought my m8 almost brand new for $350 on Craigslist, without cables. Thought I was getting a hell of a deal, until I went to the welding supply store and bought the cables and ends. Those cables are expensive! Might as well have bought the winch new.
You can get the M8's on the interweb for 500 if you shop around. Northern tool has them at $499 right now. Might get free shipping, or find someone that does. Summit racing offers free shipping on any order over $100.

Last edited:
Used full size pool table. Wooden not slate. Good for casual and family fun. We bought it used a few years ago so it has some minor stains and scratches that go with that. Has all balls, two ball racks, 4 cues, cue rack. Easy disassembly. All for $100.

Anyone have a pop up camper for sale or loan this summer. Been trying to find one for a couple of months now but every time I see one it sells an hour before I call. Grrr! Budget is <$3000

Pikes Peak Jeep rentals has one they rent. It's a big 12 foot with a slide. They're on Facebook and instagram. I'm sure you can google them too. Owner is Dave Maniak, a very good friend of mine. Tell him I sent you, and you might get a better deal.
If you're looking to buy one, consider what you really need. I think most people buy too big when shopping for a pop up. You can't get the 12 footers anywhere off the pavement, and I figure if you need something that big, just get a hard side. The 10 foot boxes are a good compromise, great all around campers, but still limited.
I have an 8 foot box, and love it. it's still bigger than any family tent, keeps heat in well because it's smaller. Because of its low overhang, and better approach/departure angles, I've dragged it through trails so tough, people stopped to take pictures in disbelief. Lol.

Last edited:
Anyone have a pop up camper for sale or loan this summer. Been trying to find one for a couple of months now but every time I see one it sells an hour before I call. Grrr! Budget is <$3000

I have one I am going to post up next weekend. its a 2000 Coleman Niagara. Its large, but in really good shape. Towed it all over the place. Two kings and a slide out. Did a spring over and larger tires and it's fantastic. New tires, wheels, and packed the bearings about 6mos ago. It is in very good shape . Shoot me a call Monday if you like and we can discuss. Worth much more than 3k, but removing my hassle factor is worth something to me. I will try and dig up some pictures.

Selling our Kodiak 10x10 flex bow deluxe canvas tent, model 6010. Includes gear loft, extra pockets and has an integrated awning that you can see is rolled up. This tent has been well cared for and is in really good shape. If you do a little research you will see these tents have a great reputation. We just don't need it now that kids are grown.

asking $350.

Link to the current product website
10 x 10 ft. Flex-Bow Canvas Tent - Deluxe

tent1.jpg
tent2.jpg
tent3.jpg
tent4.jpg
tent5.jpg

Tent is SPF

Max, does that $350 include the wheels too? Might have to jump on those. I'm a bit jealous of your 40s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom