for sale: 89 FJ62 with blown engine (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whats with the diamond plate on the rear inner wheel wells? Thats a scarry sight for that price tag. Whats under there?

I went and checked out a 77 with 350 swap the other day in longview. She runs real strong as the motor has less than 10K on it. She's got the cancer pretty bad though. Frame rails looked decent, but the body is in bad shape. The dude is asking 3500 but I was his only bite in the past two weeks so I'm guessing He'll go quite a bit lower. I took a few pictures if you want to see it. If you want more info I'll go find that newspaper again. I don't know the dude at all, but He seemed honest enough.

Michel can you explain how it came to be in a climate controlled government warehouse for 30 years? This reminds me of that scene at the end of Raiders of the lost Ark. It probably was locked away because it levitates or something.

Did not mean to use marketing type words...:) I guess all I meant is that is was not sitting in a humid barn or in the back of a farmer's field. It was in some sort of museum warehouse as it was used as a prop some time in the 70s according the the info available.

Thanks, Michel

pimp.......you know you want it!

I wasn't able to get over there this weekend (it's snowing like a bastard out here, I-70 was closed for a good part of Friday), next saturday I'm cruising down to look at an 83 Mike has sitting around that sounds pretty much like what I'm after.

Dam I was thinking you were gonna say you got the 83. Well next weekend.

Pimp--
You mind is like a steel trap! A mortal would have a hard time keeping track of the cruisers you own and yet you recall my purchase. Got mine for 7K and loving every minute of ownership. :D Its amazing how much cruiser you can get with that kind of cash when you don't buy from VOR:D

Mike,

Depending on your price range, I may have just the Cruiser for you. I currently have a 1978 FJ 40 that I have recently gone through to build a pretty clean rig. I installed a new SBC 350, Marks 4wd Adapter, multitude of performance parts for the 350 to hop it up, Rancho 2 1/2 lift w/shocks, new shackles, new interior door panels/carpet, and aluminum wheels. As it sits it is a runner and only really needs a fresh set of tires to be a real reliable rig. I also have a all the equipment needed to install power steering on the rig, another set of Toyota aluminum wheels, all reciepts, and other misc parts that will goe with the Cruiser. Best of all, I live about 20 miles North of Fort Worth in Haslet, so you could swing on down and give her a spin!

Send me an email if you are interested and I will shoot you some pictures!

Josh Ruple
(817) 439-1195

Hey,

I have a 1978 FJ 40 that is pretty clean and may fit the bill. I have installed a healthy new crate SBC 350 w/Marks 4wd Conversion and lots of performance parts, I installed a fresh interior and worked over the body - applied a new paint job. I also purchased a new Downey PS kit with a saginaw box, but have not installed it yet, will go with the Cruiser along with spare set of aluminum wheels. I spoke with a local "Cruiser Head" and was quoted around $500.00 for the PS install. I live in Haslet, Tx (20 miles North of Fort Worth) so if you are interested shoot me an email and I will send you some pictures of my rig. I am asking $8500 OBO - Oh, yeag your Ground Hawgs will fit nicely on my rig!

Let me know,

Josh Ruple
Joshrupster@aol.com

Last edited:
"That'd make a sweet ramp for my 40... "

:D

Hmm...If it had four doors and got better mileage, preferably a diesel....I'd prolly buy it.....But then again with the way its being parked I bet its been beat on, under maintianed, and prolly has an upside down bezel....Must not be able to see out that back window with hitting the hitch and parking all over the place....

1980 Fj40 For Sale For $6,000

My freind has an FJ40 for sale. It has factory A/C and factory P/S. The body has the normal rust but is restorable. It is located in Livingston, TN. about 100 miles from Nashville. My name is John and you can call me @ 931-260-8294.

1980 Fj40 For Sale

I am listing this FJ for a freind. It is a 1980 with factory A/C and factory P/S. He is asking $6,000. Runs fine has the normal body rust but is restorable. The engine was rebuilt about a month ago. It's a daily driver. The owner bought a Land Rover Discovery and needs to sell. I would buy but my $ is tied up in my FJ. A/C and P/S alone is worth some bucks. The truck is in TN.

Hmmmmmm. Hardtop and doors or is this a soft-top? Do you know if it has the emissions stuff? Color? PM me if you want email ID to send Pics.

Regards,

AndrewT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom