FOB on a lexus, problems??? IS THIS NORMAl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad this works, I must have read the manual incorrectly, or tried the key once instead of twice. Very glad to be proven wrong. THanks for the good accurate information.

the key chain thingy with buttons on it.

it is a small watch battery powered button operated transmitter that transmits an encoded radio signal to the alarm unit so that the alarm will disarm and unlock the doors

When I am higher up than the rig, it gets better range. I bought a new remote and it has similar range. It's funny, the fob to the chin works, must provide a better transmitter. Didn't think about re-routing the antenna wire, have to give that a try

FWIW - I have an aftermarket remote start that also controls the door locks and I can start it and/or unlock the doors from 2+ city blocks away and around a corner ..... makes it nice in the winter leaving home or work to hop into a warm ride. In any case, I have an "antenna" on my windsheild tied into the system, so maybe that helps with the distance. The brand is AstroStart and it was installed by the PO so I dont have any contact info.

:cheers:

Montana Cruiser said:
FWIW - I have an aftermarket remote start that also controls the door locks and I can start it and/or unlock the doors from 2+ city blocks away and around a corner ..... makes it nice in the winter leaving home or work to hop into a warm ride. In any case, I have an "antenna" on my windsheild tied into the system, so maybe that helps with the distance. The brand is AstroStart and it was installed by the PO so I dont have any contact info.

:cheers:
I had a remote start/keyless entry on my 93, only problem was, it was a one button start, so it was easy to bump in my pocket and start without me even knowing it (it shuts down automatically after 15 minutes), but I was in the habit of leaving the headlight switch in the on position, then they turn off automatically when you open the door to get out. In the case of a accidental remote start, if the switch was in that position it would turn the lights on, but they would never turn off since the door never opened to trigger the relay/switch. Had a dead battery multiple times :mad:!

Chin huh, I will have to ug try that hmm I guess. I was just not sure. Most remotes I have had will work at a pretty decent distance and I was not sure if it was normal. Guess I will get another fob on order and call it a day. Thanks

Dennis

Romer said:
It's funny, the fob to the chin works, must provide a better transmitter.

First alarm I ever installed a friend of mine told me that and I thought he was full of it but as previously stated it really does work. Strange the things people will do.

97 FZJ80 said:
I think the antenna wire is attached to the alarm brain under the driver's seat. Attached an extension to the wire and run it up the A-pillar.

I just checked the RS3000 install manual. The antenna wire is grey and is under the driver side of the dash. It runs along the alarm harness from the driver side kick panel toward the center console; mostly horizontal.

Find this antenna and snake it higher up in the dash or up the A-pillar to improve your reception.

-B-

firetruck41 said:
I had a remote start/keyless entry on my 93, only problem was, it was a one button start, so it was easy to bump in my pocket and start without me even knowing it (it shuts down automatically after 15 minutes), but I was in the habit of leaving the headlight switch in the on position, then they turn off automatically when you open the door to get out. In the case of a accidental remote start, if the switch was in that position it would turn the lights on, but they would never turn off since the door never opened to trigger the relay/switch. Had a dead battery multiple times :mad:!

Luckily, you have to hold the button on my fob down for 3 seconds and it beeps (the fob beeps) to let you know the truck recd the signal and is starting, it double beeps if the truck did not get the signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom