FJ80 cabin air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No need. The FSM is not of much use. I had mine out last summer. Ended up ordering the vent pc a few weeks ago, but it had been substituted for the blue coloured one as the oak coloured one is no longer avail.

I'd love this solution for not only keep the dust out of the cabin but also to keep the pack rats out! I was catching an avg of two rats per week!

We literally had this part off just the other day. I'm pretty sure I owe some environmental charity a few bucks or something, since we apparently destroyed an entire ancient ecosystem consisting largely of pollen. It builds up, along with leaves, under the wiper motor cover and then the pollen gets blasted directly into the cabin. The solution we have found is to put a 2x4 over the wipers when not in use. I think it's good that they're mounted so high, so that one can wade a bit deeper, but I'm not sure why a real screen filter (not the plastic ones) wasn't included.

The other day when I got the truck back and the cleaning had started I looked under the bumper to find the air intake scoop that runs from the front right side of the bumper up through the fender to the cold air intake was all clogged up with a thick layer of cake of what looks like oil and sand. Managed to get to it through the corner indicator light.

Also found a wire brush logged in there. Wtf.

Filth. I don't know how my engine was working at all.

I am very interested in this as I have bad allergies in the spring. Will take that section apart and see if I can measure the space and the dimensions of the intake hole. Older BMWs had the filter in the cowl, engine area. I was thinking of an E39 cabin filter housing and hose could fit in there. Ebay has a few, and they do get wet as housing has big drain holes on bottom, air flow is towards the top of housing, then into cabin.

Last edited:
I am very interested in this as I have bad allergies in the spring. Will take that section apart and see if I can measure the space and the dimensions of the intake hole. Older BMWs had the filter in the cowl, engine are. I was thinking of an E39 cabin filter housing and hose could fit in there. Ebay has a few, and they do get wet as housing has drain big drain holes on bottom, air flow is towards the top of housing, then into cabin.

Could work. Just did a quick search on E39 cabin filter housing you mentioned and it looks like a great option.

Had a Homer Simpson moment, removed the pain in butt screws from the cover, then began to pull it and realized that when I sealed my windshield, I overachieved and applied the rubber gasket sealant between the cover the and glass rubber gasket, CANT REMOVE IT! :bang:

Well, will have dust in the cabin, but at least is dry....

Had a Homer Simpson moment, removed the pain in butt screws from the cover, then began to pull it and realized that when I sealed my windshield, I overachieved and applied the rubber gasket sealant between the cover the and glass rubber gasket, CANT REMOVE IT! :bang:

Well, will have dust in the cabin, but at least is dry....

Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Hopefully we can resolve this without the need to remove that silly cover : p

Interested in this, @Mcladin . Good luck to you!

I have just dismantled my 80 dash to clean out the feshfesh and dust. It stank when I got her and needed this clean.
In case I wasn't the only one in the dark.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428185905.954314.jpg

Yah sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough.

Some example of feshfesh

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428254705.739022.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428254719.923339.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428254733.375697.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428254746.843489.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428254759.893372.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428254771.977556.jpg

It's basically sand dust

An example of how filthy my interior was

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1428254935.549349.jpg

I have had to clean all the doors and carpet from filth like that. It gets everywhere.

Last edited:
This would be great to figure out with all the pollen floating around in GA this time of year. The inside of all my cars has a fine green film on it constantly. Especially the cruiser

Do we need more "wits' end; how do I get feshfesh out of my cupholders?"
Indeed!
Feshfesh can clog a radiator and cause over-heating issues.
Feshfesh can cause your windows to run slow.
I did a search for feshfesh, but I didn't see anything...
What tire size is best for travelling through feshfesh? What size lift is needed for those tires?
I want to DD my rig, but I also want to be able to regularly climb rocks and dig in the feshfesh.
Here is a picture of a random part of my underbody covered in oil and feshfesh. Is it the dizzy leaking? how do I tell?
I'm always working on my cruiser and my wife won't give me any feshfesh...I don't complain because I love my cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom