Wanted FJ62 transmission output shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are rebuilding the transmission and transfer case in our 1990 FJ62. The transfer case is in need of a new output shaft for the A440F automatic transmission. Does anyone know where i can source one? I've tried, SOR, Cruiser Corps, Cruiser Parts, Toyota, Transtar and a few other and no one has them. Anyone have ideas?

another option is to use one of the long gears from cruiser brothers
@orangefj45

I’ve tried to find the shafts to no avail. No new units around and no aftermarket support.

However, as Paul mentioned, we offer the long-spline input gears for the transfer cases as well as the rebuild kits for them. And we put together a how-to video on YouTube:

Here to help

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers
Shop 209-475-8808

We are rebuilding the transmission and transfer case in our 1990 FJ62. The transfer case is in need of a new output shaft for the A440F automatic transmission. Does anyone know where i can source one? I've tried, SOR, Cruiser Corps, Cruiser Parts, Toyota, Transtar and a few other and no one has them. Anyone have ideas?
There should be plenty of used A440Fs around for sale fairly cheap.

There should be plenty of used A440Fs around for sale fairly cheap.
The problem with them is that they all have worn output shaft splines .....

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

You won't go wrong with Georg's products or advice. I just dropped my FJ62 (w/300k) off at Valley Hybrids on Thursday. I purchased a used A440 transmission w/150k for a total rebuild. I saw the output shaft splines from that transmission & you could visually see the wear. I'm sure it would last for awhile but why not do the job correctly if you plan on keeping the rig?

I can do most major wrenching job's, when it came to a new transmission I waited almost 2 months and drove 425 miles (one way) so I could have a pro handle it. At least this way, I know im good for another 300k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom