FJ62 Rear Seat Belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are the rear seat belts still available? I want to add 62 rear belts to my 60. I came across these, which are way cheaper than seatbelt planet, and they are new OEM Toyota. Has anyone purchased the rear seats belts from Toyota for a 62? Is it complete, or just the retractor and belt assembly?

1574439623096.png

@Godwin I don't know if these are fixed or not. Thanks, but I'm looking for the retractable. It'll be for the kids with their booster seats, so I need something easy for them to use.

@Godwin I don't know if these are fixed or not. Thanks, but I'm looking for the retractable. It'll be for the kids with their booster seats, so I need something easy for them to use.

I have retractable in my 1988 FJ62 (Sept 87 build date) so it does not have shoulder belts. As for car seats, it’s a pain in the ass to get the lap retractable to keep the seat tight. I need to swap to something else, either with or without should harnesses. But so far, I don’t like having the retractable lap belts.....

I meant retractable 3 point harness. not the lap belt, that's what I have now, and it is definitely a pain. The kids are in booster seats now, so I need that 3 point harness. Nobody seems to know (not even the dealer) if part # 73003-90A000-3, from my original post, is a retractable 3 point harness seat belt, or a manual 3 point harness seat belt.

My local pick n pull has a few 2nd gen 4Runners with the same color interior as I have now, I might go pull the front belts out of them to see if they will work. (Only $15/belt), if it works, great, if not, i'm not in a huge loss, and I'll order the part number above and find out.

I meant retractable 3 point harness. not the lap belt, that's what I have now, and it is definitely a pain. The kids are in booster seats now, so I need that 3 point harness. Nobody seems to know (not even the dealer) if part # 73003-90A000-3, from my original post, is a retractable 3 point harness seat belt, or a manual 3 point harness seat belt.

My local pick n pull has a few 2nd gen 4Runners with the same color interior as I have now, I might go pull the front belts out of them to see if they will work. (Only $15/belt), if it works, great, if not, i'm not in a huge loss, and I'll order the part number above and find out.
I know this is old but I’m looking at doing something similar to this and didn’t see if you went the 4runner route or found something else?

I know this is old but I’m looking at doing something similar to this and didn’t see if you went the 4runner route or found something else?
I did a rear shoulder belt mod on my old ‘88 and I believe I used OEM from a parted out ‘89. The provisions are in the pillar (threaded nut) and just have to peel back a bit of the pillar fabric.

There’s a good write up somewhere on mud I used. Have to do a bit of cutting at the lower end of the pillar, IIRC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom