FJ62 Headlight Upgrade Options (2 Viewers)

I installed LED from JW Speaker and upgraded the wiring harness from Daniel Stern lighting. Huge difference !!
D0B107B6-4E0E-446F-98E0-FB25CD645CBA.jpeg

Hi, 003385001 Hella if used , would the Hellas be plug and play ? Mike

hella halogen bulbs in h4 housings would be plug and play with the stock 62 harness. If you decide to run the higher wattage bulbs you would benefit from the heavier wiring and extra relays. Also be sure that the spade terminals are shiny clean otherwise they will raise resistance, increase heat, and can result in melted connectors.

Do you still need to upgrade the wiring for LEDs since they use less power compared to halogen bulbs ?

you have to upgrade the wiring for LED’s not because of the amount of power they use but because the stock 60/62 circuit design is backwards to what the LED needs to function properly. You need the adapter harness to fix this.

I am thinking about doing this too. It's fine in LA where we both live, but I travel a ton with my 62 and am concerned about getting caught in snow. Anyone know a LED heater solution?

the funny thing is that dry snow often the LEDs work better. No heat and no reason to stick. Where Halogens have snow build up with almost all snow when it’s heavy and lots of traffic. They will burn a hole through some portion of snow but even halogens can get buried

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom