FJ62 fuel consumption/idling problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I discovered a bit of a problem developing with how the car is idling, it gets stuck at around 1.5-2k revs. It doesn't happen all the time, and when it does I can usually unstick it by tapping the accelerator in neutral, but then the revs drop so low (400 or less) that sometimes the car stalls.

I feel like this may be linked with my high fuel consumption, I get around 430km/100L with a mix of 4wd, highway, and a bit of city driving.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix either of these issues please help me out .

So I discovered a bit of a problem developing with how the car is idling, it gets stuck at around 1.5-2k revs. It doesn't happen all the time, and when it does I can usually unstick it by tapping the accelerator in neutral, but then the revs drop so low (400 or less) that sometimes the car stalls.

I feel like this may be linked with my high fuel consumption, I get around 430km/100L with a mix of 4wd, highway, and a bit of city driving.

If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix either of these issues please help me out .

Hi, just wonder if you solved this? my revs drop too. I have the same car and engine.

Hi, just wonder if you solved this? my revs drop too. I have the same car and engine.
Sorry for the way late reply, haven't logged in for a while. It turned out to just be the throttle on the carb getting stuck, bit of carby cleaner fixed it for a short while but ended up putting another carb on. Fuel consumption never got better though haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom