Wanted fj62 exhaust system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for a decent exhaust system for a 1990 fj62 - headers or down pipes with o2s holes installed .

FYI, no header will add more than 2 horsepower-if that-compared to the OEM manifolds. not to mention, they will be more difficult than manifolds to mount and maintain. MAF offers some headers and exhaust parts, if you're determined to see what's out there...I would find a reputable local shop to fab a new set of pipes taking off from the factory manifolds. prolly not what you were hoping to hear, but that's my 2 cents. i do hope it helps...

When I get to the point of installing the exhaust on my '86 FJ60 project vehicle I'll probably take it to a shop for a custom exhaust set-up from the 3FE exhaust manifolds to the rear portion of the exhaust (my '89 FJ62 donor vehicle has an almost new section from the flange ahead of the muffler to the end of the pipe). Hopefully, with the H55f, there'll be room to keep everything inside the drivers side frame rail without having to have the outside pipe cross under the frame rail. I remember someone posted some details but I couldn't find the thread last time I looked.

Last edited:
you mean this guy>
p1010318-jpg.778046
p1010320-jpg.778048
p1010323-jpg.778045

there is room for your h55 and both runs to stay inside the rails as long as you dont run a pto.

3FE exhaust manifold on carb'd 2F head

... Hopefully, with the H55f, there'll be room to keep everything inside the drivers side frame rail without having to have the outside pipe cross under the frame rail. I remember someone posted some details but I couldn't find the thread last time I looked.

I believe that's the thread I was remembering - thanks!

I'm wondering if I can fit both catalytic converters under there, or if I just need one after the pipes come together (neither of my houses are in areas where smog is required). I do want to keep the two oxygen sensors in separate pipes in the same relative locations as on the FJ62 because I believe the 3FE fuel injection system requires separate input from each bank of cylinders.

Last edited:
Just purchased the fj62 from of all places , a salvage yard . It not running and a real pig but it does have original paint and not too much rust a shackle reverse ome lift and a nice set of 33 mud t/a s . I was blinded, couldn't see past that ,had to have it . Once I got it running the cel was on and thats when I discovered the PO rigged the exhaust and was running without o2s , it must have been run like that for a while cause the compression test showed 185 lbs per cylinder across the block , I am thinking carbon build up .Now I want to get the o2 back in order and never thought it be so hard to find down pipes . The idea of the header wasn't so mush about hp but more of a bolt on fix - header with o2 bungles . I personally want the original down pipes but your correct , I will have to get a custom exhaust made up , thanks for the pics looks good . thx

@4Cruisers, yes, do the 2 pipes to one cat. you MUST have 2 o2 sensors- they CAN be in the same pipe, and they CAN be in line, but they do a better job if they are in the pipe they are watching, ala oem...you are correct; they are bank matched sensors...

@flomud, once you get this worked out, and get thru the other curve balls a junkyard truck can throw, you'll be happy. The fj62 is the best land cruiser of all...just find an exhaust shop that can do the work, get an estimate and start saving. watch the classifieds as you might find some used intermediate pipes that you can use. While you're trying to find pipe, make sure the wiring for the 2 o2 sensors is in tact and talking to the ecu(ohm test the harness) do you have an FSM? if not, get one from this guy > For Sale - 40, 50, 60, and 80 series FSM for a hell of a price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom