FJ62 - Does anyone know what this rear seat piece is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey -

I pulled all my seats to recover them while also replace carpets. I found two of these on the floor after taking apart the rear bench (one with L, and one with R) and have no idea where they came from. Does anyone know what these are? I now have the rear bench seat back in just fine, so it does not seem like they are critically important, however I HATE having left over pieces at the end of a job.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Rear Bench Piece.jpg

Those parts were part of a safety recall decades ago. They were designed to attach to the seat back and provided a catch to clip the belt to when not in use. Presumably, the belt would be easier to find and would get used more. Along with it was a large ugly placard stuck to the wheel well.

It's all utterly useless and unnecessary. Discard them happily.

Those parts were part of a safety recall decades ago. They were designed to attach to the seat back and provided a catch to clip the belt to when not in use. Presumably, the belt would be easier to find and would get used more. Along with it was a large ugly placard stuck to the wheel well.

It's all utterly useless and unnecessary. Discard them happily.

BAHAHAHA! Brilliant! Probably even MORE useless since I have replaced the rear belts with 80 series belts. Thanks for the information!!

Kevin

Found one in my cruiser while installing rear shoulder belts, and was wondering myself! Mystery solved. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom