fj62--3FE idle problems finally fixed!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

do you have a pic of how it is set, like what angle. the more rotated to the right low idle..........more to the left high idle. when u take it off and put it back on, did you notice that when u turn it, it begins to turn the throttle cable? since i couldnt get a reading with multimeter i tried to adjust it by ear listening to the rpms. my car low idles and wont drive past 1800 rpms. help friends,lol.

There is a very small adjustment range with the TPS. Mine didn't move the throttle. I don't know what would cause it to not go over 1800 rpm. Did that problem begin after you adjusted the TPS? Sorry can't help you.

yea it started after i adjusted the TPS =(. its alright i should be able to get everything running back to normal after i get the new TPS on monday. thanx for all you guys help though.

Where is the best place to find FSM's for the 1988-1989?

Why Buy :D

3FE FSM 210MB

I sent this to Mace a long time back after scanning the whole manual into my pc, recently cnlson made it available on line..
Regards Matt

see, my whole thing is, is that they swtched the TPS in 89 i believe, and mine is a 90. im not exactly sure if the specs for the ohms are the same,

are they?

i dono, mine is an 89 and mine is the later date cruiser model 3/89 up is what the parts guy @ toyota told me from my vin #

well, they changed the TPS for the 3FE in 89 model year, and i was wondering if the measurement for the ohms, and resistence, and the way to reset it are the same for the 1990 model year, as in the 88

You should start your own thread, this thread is dying.
GG

Thanks for the great post. I'm hoping this is my problem and it's a good excuse to go buy a multimeter! Did you have to insert a .93 mm thickness guage between the throttle stop and stop screw or did you just use your hand to play with the throttle opening? Thanks for the help. Justin.

Error 51 gone! Took the TB off, adjusted the TPS like it says in the FSM with thickness guage and now there is no stalling. It even shifts smoother and runs better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom