FJ60 shock recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys
My '87 60 needs new shocks and I am looking for recommendations. One of my front shocks top nut came off and the threaded post is now bent. I have an OME 2" lift, a Man-A-Fre 38 gal fuel tank. The rest of the rig is stock, so stock weight. What are people running with that set up. I don't to too much true off-road but I do travel a bunch on logging roads and dirt roads. Thanks.

Contact Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (@cruiseroutfit) as he is our premiere OME dealer. He can get you replacement parts ASAP.

How much would a full set of 4 cost?

Kurt
The shocks showed up today. Thanks. As long as the weather is not too bad, I hope to get them in next week. I have an unheated garage here in Montana so it is a pain to get some things done.

Kurt
The shocks showed up today. Thanks. As long as the weather is not too bad, I hope to get them in next week. I have an unheated garage here in Montana so it is a pain to get some things done.

Go get greasy! It's only going to get colder up there :D

I just got back home from the tropics on Sat. Its mid 30s rain/snow mix. Nice and damp in the garage.

When advance Auto parts looks up oem shocks for my 60 it only gives option for a BJ60. The Monroe rear shocks fit perfect, but when I ordered the fronts they we're a two eye mount shock. The 60 uses a top mount . Anyone know the stock Monroe part numbers for front shocks?

I’m running bilstein 5100 on my truck. They’re great riding and handle well. Running OME heavy/heavy on my truck.

I’ve flexed them pretty hard, the lengths work for me.

I paid less than $70 a shock fronts and $90 for the rear.

Fronts 33-230368 and they’re stud/eye. Valved for my front bumper and winch.

Rear 33-185606 rear are eye/eye and may need a different bushing depending on what year 60 you have.

I’m running bilstein 5100 on my truck. They’re great riding and handle well. Running OME heavy/heavy on my truck.

I’ve flexed them pretty hard, the lengths work for me.

I paid less than $70 a shock fronts and $90 for the rear.

Fronts 33-230368 and they’re stud/eye. Valved for my front bumper and winch.

Rear 33-185606 rear are eye/eye and may need a different bushing depending on what year 60 you have.
Are the heavy springs also a lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom