FJ60 rear door chrome trim Removal help!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys,
I've been trying to read up on how to remove the thin chrome trim around the edge of the rear windows but really don't have anything specific except that the 1/4 window at the back the chrome is functional and holds the rubber in i really don't want that chrome on there , so if i cant take it off are there any other options? what have other people done to cover/remove /replace the chrome?. Also is there a trick to taking out the window sweeps? i see the clips and have tried but I cant really find anything detailed on how to remove them.

getting ready to send the 60 out for body work and paint so I'm trying to get everything off ASAP

any help is greatly appreciated

I removed that trim on mine before paint recently. You just have to roll the windows down and wiggle back and forth while pulling up, maybe a little prying with a screwdriver here and there. FYI, those white clips are no longer available, so be careful. I dropped a couple down inside the door and have yet to take to the time to remove the door panel to retrieve them.

EDIT: are you talking about the cargo windows or the chrome at the base of the rear door windows?

The chrome strip is one piece on both front and rear doors. If you're not planning to repaint I would spend $5 at harbor freight or oreillys and buy a plastic trim pry bar set. Roll down windows and pry right off you wont bend it. If you drop the clips, its one small screw for the handle, 2 big on armrest, and a clip for the manual window and pull the doorcard up and out.

Its 10x easier taking out the chrome than it is putting it back imo.

im actually talking about the chrome around the edge of the door windows, specifically the rear door and the quarter glass in it. i have a rusted old that i experimented with taking that chrome trim around the window out, but when i put the quarter glass back in ,there was alot of play in the window.
just wondering if that is ok or is there another way of supporting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom