FJ60 - Randomly? dropping all clutch fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Haven't figured this one out so maybe someone here's got some insight.

Monday morning I lost all the fluid out of my clutch cylinders. This was after I drove it to work with no issues, clutch felt like it always has. I was able to put enough fluid back in to get it home where I flushed it all the way out and filled it back up. It worked great up until this (Friday) morning when I found another large puddle of fluid under the car and no clutch.

The leak came from the slave cylinder so I ordered a new one and am fairly confident that it will fix the issue. I also have a new master cyl. to put in.

But I'm curious, what would make me lose all my fluid at once like this and four days apart? The only thought that comes to mind is some o-ring or seal that isn't happy with the temperature swings we've been having here in CO...

Thanks for the input!

You may be right about a seal allowing fluid to leak out. On my 86 mini truck, i had a disappearing brake fluid issue with no visible leak. It was kind of weird until i scratched my head and realized the fluid was leaking backwards past the seals and into the vacuum booster. Once that came off, i found all my missing fluid....

You're correct. The hydraulics are just oring sealed plungers. Once the seal deteriorates enough and blows, fluid leaks past it and on to your driveway. As with most things in this universe, mayhem can happen at any time. It's gotta happen sometime.

Chances are that the master or slave is the next weakest link in the system. I'd replace both and forget about them for a while. You gotta bleed the system so why not start new.

The pistons inside both slave and master are like a Toilet plunger , and have there week points in the compression of fluids stroke

these are both LOW cost parts , before u Toast your firewall paint inside your truck or frame rails outside , simply replace both

also , the flexible Rubber slave hose near bell housing too

call Kurt w / @cruiseroutfit he is a Authorized AISIN brand Distributor & also
MUD Supporting Vendor

Aisin-Seiki-logo-300x90.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom