FJ60 A/C? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone!

I have a couple questions regarding my A/C. I drive an '87 FJ60 and live in Phoenix, AZ, which is unbearably hot. Everything "works" fine (it is 35 year old A/C at the end of the day). The air coming out of the vents is cool-ish but by the time it reaches me, it is hot with not much force. It is cooler when I get out of the car at 110+! The system was recharged last summer so it has refrigerant. Has anyone replaced the blower motor with a more powerful one? If so, what model? Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I might remedy this? Please let me know! This car is turning into a sauna but I don't want to stop driving it!

i know @Spook50 has been engineering exactly what your looking for , a super heavy duty high out put blower fan for a FJ60

not sure where he is on that phase , ill let him chime in and continue to try to answer your question

matt

it may not be the blowers fault.
the heater/evaporator assembly can get plugged up with all sorts of gunk in 35 years, hair, leaves, dead rodents, general debris, etc
if there is blockage, a more powerful fan still won't help the situation
I would make sure the air flow has a clear path before trying an "upgrade"

it may not be the blowers fault.
the heater/evaporator assembly can get plugged up with all sorts of gunk in 35 years, hair, leaves, dead rodents, general debris, etc
if there is blockage, a more powerful fan still won't help the situation
I would make sure the air flow has a clear path before trying an "upgrade"
Yep, exactly. Also make sure the cowl area is clean too. Also, even though it was charged last year, doesn’t mean it isn’t low or have a slow leak. FWIW, the A/C in my 83 blew 47° in 118° temps in Phoenix.

Hi, If you remove the blower fan you can with some effort reach your hand in and fell for dirt,debris on the coil. You can then uses a paint brush to remove a lot of crud with a vacuum . Then I’ve used ac coil cleaner in there with water from a garden hose on low. Make sure your drain line is clear first and be patient. Also check and make sure your vent - defrost door is working properly. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom