FJ60/62 Rear Bumper Kits (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

At this point, I am not interested in making a completed bumper. For shipping convenience, shipping a flat piece of steel is way easier.
I’m interested in a rear bumper kit for fj 62. Any telephone number I can call for an order? Feel free to call at 956-648-0672 Thank you Jr3fiver

Finally finished up building my bumper kit that I got back in December. @Fourrunner was incredibly helpful and patient with all my questions leading up to the build. @LCNuts helped with the construction at his shop in SC and then I did the powder coating and final install here in AL. Highly recommend this kit, it's a fun project and in my opinion the cleanest looking bumper you can get for the 60/62. Here a few few pics of the process, with some notes...

You don't HAVE to remove the rear cross member, but you do have to make some notch cuts to get the mounting bracket to attach correctly. If you do remove the rear cross member it is easier to get a wrench on the bolts for final install. But then again you'd have to remove a bunch of rivets.... If I had to do it over, I'd do it the same way and leave it on.
If we did it again, I would put a couple of washers on the inside of the bracket on one side to give a little bit more room to slide it on once completed. The powder coating doesn't add much thickness but it would have been nice to have a mm more... Nothing that a little grinding and hammering can't fix.
Literally the hardest part of this whole project was figuring out where to drill the holes in the mounting brackets - lots of measuring to make sure it's perfect before the holes get drilled.
IMG_7363.jpeg

The slots for the recovery points were not in the right spot so we had to cut out a bit with the torch to get them to fit properly. Not a big deal at all...
If you're thinking about doing this project, get some of these angle magnet things - you can adjust to any angle and they are incredibly strong. Really helpful especially for the tapered ends with the smaller pieces.
L1041856.JPG

IMG_7386.jpeg

Not pictured: @LCNuts doing a bunch of welding, and me doing a bunch of grinding/sanding....

IMG_7522.jpeg

Did a little off-road test drive this weekend, didn't even notice it back there and the medium 2" OME lift kit carries it well. I will most likely add another leaf to the back at some point, but it's not an urgent need... Short version of all this: If you're thinking about getting a rear bumper, this is the one!
L1041935.JPG

Completed form looking forward to finding out price with my options. Question it is best to have the body on the frame for this install? The reason I ask is I am in the middle of sliding an FJ62 frame under my early 84' FJ60 body......

@Fourrunner
Have you or any of your customers had issues installing your bumper along with a @TRAIL TAILOR c-channel kit?
Link if you’re unfamiliar;
I’m away from my 60 for a bit and can’t crawl underneath to cuss, fuss or discuss any potential problems.
I also sent you a pm
Thanks

Sorry...didn't get a PM. Did get an email from someone. Assume that was you?
Rats! just saw your reply - yah, that was me. Anyway, please let me know when you get a total for ship to 87108 per my email. Also about front bumper. Thanks!

Just received my rear bumper today. So clean!! And I've never seen cuts this clean and straight. This is going to be a treat to weld up. This bumper is going to be super strong. Mark has engineered this to a tee. Starting with just the mounting brackets adjusted and drilled to the original holes is a brilliant idea. The fit will be perfect. But now for the unpleasant part - getting the original bumper off and the frame rails cleaned up. Ugg. I will have to cut the slots into the face and under piece to accommodate the 2" receiver tube. Also have to come up with the plate at the forward end of the tube to bolt to the existing crossmember (for strength).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom