fj60/62 3D Model (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love it! Also just got some clear filament that I can use for the lights and such. Looks like I won't need to adjust my wheelbase for one either since the truck you used is nearly exactly like mine

Oh no you would,
I love it! Also just got some clear filament that I can use for the lights and such. Looks like I won't need to adjust my wheelbase for one either since the truck you used is nearly exactly like mine
Oh no, i actually basically built a whole new frame and bought new drive shafts. The issue is that the old model was off of a FJ40 and the FJ60/62 has a much larger wheel base. So you probably would need to either scale the body down to make it work or build one from scratch.

Oh no you would,

Oh no, i actually basically built a whole new frame and bought new drive shafts. The issue is that the old model was off of a FJ40 and the FJ60/62 has a much larger wheel base. So you probably would need to either scale the body down to make it work or build one from scratch.
Eh, more fun for me! What's the ballpark for it's wheelbase? All I really need to do is get the long driveshaft and longer links.

Eh, more fun for me! What's the ballpark for it's wheelbase? All I really need to do is get the long driveshaft and longer links.
I think the ones im using are equivalent to the WPL ones? But with wheels on its 6.25 inches. Honestly what I can do is just scale the body to what ever axle you want. Thats how i got this one to fit right.

I think the ones im using are equivalent to the WPL ones? But with wheels on its 6.25 inches. Honestly what I can do is just scale the body to what ever axle you want. Thats how i got this one to fit right.
I'm using the C34 chassis for my plan, and they already made the longer wheelbase version and I can use those parts

I'm using the C34 chassis for my plan, and they already made the longer wheelbase version and I can use those parts
Well if you can let me know what kind of mounting points you would need I can send you a model. I still need to finish up the bumpers and stuff but im confident enough with the base now.

Well if you can let me know what kind of mounting points you would need I can send you a model. I still need to finish up the bumpers and stuff but im confident enough with the base now.
I think doing something like the stock bumper mounts for the front, and maybe a rear panel that mounts to the chassis would be the best idea. Let me see if I can find an image

I think doing something like the stock bumper mounts for the front, and maybe a rear panel that mounts to the chassis would be the best idea. Let me see if I can find an image
That would be good, I can also send a bare body without mounts and you can just glue ones on. The good part about 3D printing is that superglue works amazingly well on them.

That would be good, I can also send a bare body without mounts and you can just glue ones on. The good part about 3D printing is that superglue works amazingly well on them.
Very true, That sounds like the best idea. Is there a panel line around the tail light? I'm just curious cause I want to design light buckets and lenses for it

Very true, That sounds like the best idea. Is there a panel line around the tail light? I'm just curious cause I want to design light buckets and lenses for it
Basically I have a model with the doors, tail gate, rear break lights, front grill, front headlights, and front turn signals removable. the only problem is currently the fitment is an issue with them due to print quality. You can sand down the parts to make them fit right though. The biggest problem im coming across with when it comes to that is how to hinge everything. But i can print you one out with separate tail lights, I actually should be able to print them out in Red too.

Basically I have a model with the doors, tail gate, rear break lights, front grill, front headlights, and front turn signals removable. the only problem is currently the fitment is an issue with them due to print quality. You can sand down the parts to make them fit right though. The biggest problem im coming across with when it comes to that is how to hinge everything. But i can print you one out with separate tail lights, I actually should be able to print them out in Red too.
Is there a way I could purchase the files and print it myself? That would be more cost-effective and I can use the model for designing mounts and stuff.

Is there a way I could purchase the files and print it myself? That would be more cost-effective and I can use the model for designing mounts and stuff.
I'll have to think about that. I have just had so many hours into this im not sure if i want to have the file out there like that.

Yeah, I totally understand that.
I dont know what you are using to print with, but will say is i currently have access to a printer that can print a max height of 300mm and its fully in closed so printing ABS turns out great. So that might be a reason to have me print it for you.

I dont know what you are using to print with, but will say is i currently have access to a printer that can print a max height of 300mm and its fully in closed so printing ABS turns out great. So that might be a reason to have me print it for you.
That's helpful, do you have clear filament to use for lenses and eventually windows?

I can get some, its also dual print head so i can be able to print it out at the same time. I was also considering vacuum forming window inserts that way it will look clearer than the filament. Thats just an idea though, i havent have time to test it out yet.

I can get some, its also dual print head so i can be able to print it out at the same time. I was also considering vacuum forming window inserts that way it will look clearer than the filament. Thats just an idea though, i havent have time to test it out yet.
That sounds super fancy! How much do you think it would cost price wise for a body that size?

That sounds super fancy! How much do you think it would cost price wise for a body that size?
DM me and we can work something out. It would just be a combo of filament, hours put in, and cost of shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom