FJ60 17" Rims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have OME springs/shackles on my 60, decided I want to put 17" tires and wheels on it. I purchased a set of Toyo Open Country M/T's 285/75R17 for it. ( about 34" tall, with 11" tread width )
My problem is in finding a cool set of wheels with a desirable backspace. I have found ProComp Rock Crawlers in a 17x8 with 3.5" backspace. I'm okay with that, they are inexpensive at $92 apiece. I would prefer aluminum if not too expensive.
I have looked at MANY other rims in a 17x8. I should mention that I want wheels that are black, no chrome/bling/shiny edges! Can anyone direct me to a 17x8 rim with 3.5" to 4" backspace in black that isn't too dressed up. The majority of 17" rims are for newer spec vehicles and run 4.5" and higher backspace. I have searched most of the major wheel manufacturers, but I am willing to admit I might have missed a couple so any advice is welcomed.
Thanks in advance, pics to follow after the truck is done.

I think I came to the same conclusion when looking through wheels of 4WP site. Didn't seem to have correct bs on cheap steel 17s. Went with 2.5 bs 16s and really like them.

yeah, couldn't find the tire I wanted in a 16". I've got a set a flares, but I'm trying to keep the narrow/tall look of the truck as well.

I have 17in steelies off of an FJ Cruiser, back spacing is a little deep but spacers fixed that. And they were the right price, FREE

These are 17" FJ Cruiser rims with rock rings, had to use spacers, 33" KM2s

5686603329_bf723cc4bd_b.jpg

5764938037_bac28a8a02_b.jpg

I also have a set of black steel fj cruiser wheels and run spacers.

I looked at the AR wheels, backspacing issue. Not wanting to use backspacers is the central issue here so far. I spent some time on HFS4X4, really like that rear bumper! It is looking like steel wheels are my only option so far.

FJ Cruiser Wheels with Spacers. Love the set up.

Dan

DSC00368.JPG

Dan - I'm running the same - I have pretty big spacers on. Gotta say, though, your's look better on that tan color imho! Older pick of my 62 is below.
ATT10657.jpg

I've got to ask, how thick are those spacers? What is the backspace of those FJ factory rims?

for me I believe the spacers are 1.5 inches.

Mine are 1.5" w/ the FJ Cruiser Alum wheels. thx!

I have finally settled on a wheel. Finding a fairly plain, non-"Bling" wheel is alot harder than you'd think. Most of them are overdone, and pretty ostentacious. I have to thank Desert Rats guy for spending time on the phone, they had a really good deal on a rim they discontinued, but I got there too late.
4WheelParts finally got me a wheel. 17x9 with 4" Backspace. Any more backspace and there will be too much tire rub up inside the wheelwell. ProComp Series 98 17X9 4_BS.jpg
What I did find out which is valuable to all older landcruisers, 40's, 60's, is that this style of wheel can be ordered with many different backspacings. I did not want to deal with backspacers. I also learned, and I'm open to being corrected if someone is more knowledgable, but 15" tires have lighter load ratings. With a 17" tire I can get a load rating of 'E' with 10 ply side walls. The Toyo Open Country M/T 285/75R17 I am going to use are a load E, 10 ply tire with a possible max 80 psi. With a heavier diesel, loaded for travel, pulling a trailer with a quad/canoe, this is important to me.
These wheels were also fairly inexpensive at $98, free shipping to anywhere in the US. Couldn't be better. Pro Comp Series 98
Thanks to all you guys for your input, it all helped in my decision.
ProComp Series 98 17X9 4_BS.jpg

Cruiserpilot - Those look nice!

That is basically what I want, too, although I think I'm going to keep my FJ Cruiser wheels through at least a set of ATs, after my current tires.

To NCFJ: I noticed stock bumper on one pic, aftermarket tube steel tire pivot and side protector. What kind of rear bumper would that be and could you post a complete pic of the aftermarket bumper? I will be fabricating my own bumper for the rear and am collecting ideas. Thnks J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom