FJ55 Windshield Washer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't get my washer to work from the the dash (turning the wiper knob to the right). I know the pump is good because I took it off the container and straight wired the pump to the battery. Any suggests about where the breakdown may be occurring. I wouldn't think that the washer is on separate fuse, but stranger things have happened. FYI this is a 77.

I can't get my washer to work from the the dash (turning the wiper knob to the right). I know the pump is good because I took it off the container and straight wired the pump to the battery. Any suggests about where the breakdown may be occurring. I wouldn't think that the washer is on separate fuse, but stranger things have happened. FYI this is a 77.

I had the same problem with my fj40 and discovered that the threaded nut on the back of the dash which secured the windshield washer switch to the back of the dash was loose, so pulling the switch on just moved the switch. Tightened the nut (small hands and open end wrench) works great now.

Awesome! Did you pull the dash to get to it or can you access it from underneath?

Awesome! Did you pull the dash to get to it or can you access it from underneath?
My saving grace was I could remove my radio and by using that hole and coming up from underneath the drivers side of the dash I was in the right place with the right switch.

I had to replace my switch to get mine to work. They're still available. You can reach it from under the dash.

Sorry just realized this is for a fj55. Not sure about availability or accessibility.

On a 40, there is a piece that contacts a bar that sticks out to ground the pump completing the circuit. Do you have power to the pump?

If you do, I'd pull out the switch and make sure all the contacts are polished. @Coolerman may also have some ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom