FJ55 Window channel replacements, any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
3domengineering.com.au
Hello FJ55 owners,
My old truck has had the rear door windows pinned closed for years now because the channels that the glass sits is has corroded away. I approached SOR to see if they could source some but they were not interested.

Does anyone know of a reproduction available anywhere?
I'd prefer a reproduction over a used part so that it lasts longer.

I have started to redesign them myself and I will look for a local fabricator if I can't find them anywhere else.

Thank you.
Not that it matters but I'm based in Sydney, Australia. I'd be happy to ship from anywhere.

For clarity this is the image from SOR, I'm looking for items marked 31-R, and 32-L.
2020-11-09_09h59_55.png

I think the split is 74 and earlier is one version.

Many of the 55 guys are hoarders ;) I haven't looked at my stash but I recall having rear channels but not sure on the year. My three projects are 73 and earlier :(

Thanks Lil' John, for the feedback. I had assumed they'd be all the same (oops).
Looks like my best bet might be to post a wanted ad. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case anyone has any more suggestions.

@Goliath

The parts fiche indicate the window regulators changed in 7509, but the channels remained the same.

So, your assumption that the channels are the same for all years listed below appears to be valid.

1604971389159.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom