Registry FJ55 Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Brandon,

Looks like a good one. Question on the SOA. Are you going to bigger tires, if so, then think about power steering. Since you just bought a new box and new drum brakes, I'd think about leaving it SUA and leave the tires alone. There's a lot of good reading on all the different ways to go about beefing up your axles, FJ60 axles, etc.. Sorry if you know all this already, just want to help, if needed.

Welcome Brandon,

Looks like a good one. Question on the SOA. Are you going to bigger tires, if so, then think about power steering. Since you just bought a new box and new drum brakes, I'd think about leaving it SUA and leave the tires alone. There's a lot of good reading on all the different ways to go about beefing up your axles, FJ60 axles, etc.. Sorry if you know all this already, just want to help, if needed.

True, you might just want to get to know her before committing to big changes...

Well, got my piggy yesterday. Pretty decent condition for a 55!

Ben Keen
VIN - not on me atm
benkeen@hotmail.com
Victoria, Australia!
Absolutely bog stock

It's got a bit of rust in the bottom of the front guards, in the lower sill, and of course..... in the roof. Going to get cracking on it all and get it on the road in the next few months!

BgYbZR.jpg

Please provide the following for the registry:

Owners Name: Pighead
Year: 12/'74
VIN: FJ55046713
Email: Pighead@Pigsty.us
State FJ-55 resides: Crawlerado
Any Modifications: early wind-wing doors, '69 front fenders, '69 hood with custom hot-rod louvers punched, Hand-painted with black Herculiner, IPOR rear bumper, home-made 4" channel front bumper and 3" angle sliders, Corbeau buckets, Simpson harnesses, Tuffy console, Panasonic dash unit, Old-fashioned 12 disc CD changer, 2 MTX amps (one just for the Rockford-Fosgate subwoofer), Autometer gauges(oil pressure, volt, water temp and vacuum), One Kick-Ass Hi-Po (still a dog on the hills) 2F/F(rankenengine): 2F block bored 50 over, Federal-Mogul pistons, Sealed-Power rings, balanced, RV cam, ported Late-F head, Downey header, Flowmaster, Big-cap Toyota dizzy and dented side cover, Clifford cast aluminum valve cover. Jim C. '74 carb, 150 amp Hehr alternator, matching voltage regulator, Saginaw power steering with Scout box, 4x4 Labs Hi steer, Mini knuckles. vented FJ60 rotors, V6 4Runner calipers, Ruff-Stuff spring plates and U-bolts, Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front 30-spline Long's, Rear Poly's, Earl's stainless brake lines, dual Optimas, stainless battery tray, SM465/ NP203 GRB/AA/LC 4 speed transfer case doubler, 4.88s (125:1 crawl ratio), dual case-savers, Butch-Built tranny hump/triple-stick shifter, Butch-built skid plate, SOA and traction bar by FC fabrications, RS 9000s, 37x14.5x15 Toyo M/Ts on black Rockcrushers with 2" backspace and a pair of pink panties flying from the CB mast. Now with a '69 grill, K9's side vents, a raffle-prize winch, Poser's rear disc brakes, a Toyota Hi-Po intake manifold, new head gasket and 95% mojo...

another pig under the knife! - Pirate4x4.Com

YouTube - fj55 having fun on the CON #2

pighead - YouTube
Rubithon 2010 - YouTube
Rubithon 2010 - YouTube
Rubithon 2010, WOW!!! - YouTube
View attachment 15422View attachment 432672View attachment 636029View attachment 859070View attachment 859072
So sweet your pig is. Yeah

i have a 1969 FJ 55 for sale I am the third owner i have 31x10.50R 15 BFG All Terrain tires and lots of parts for it for sale including a new front ARB bull bar with space for a Warn winch. pictures to come soon

Tim,

You should move your ad over to the classifieds. You'll get a greater audience and it's the correct place for it. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

Here's my new project.

Owners Name: Janne Jalkanen
Year: 1980
VIN: FJ5500900084
Email: jannejalkanen @ yahoo.com
Any Modifications: Stock

Ex fire truck with 100 000km. Has some rust, but pretty good interior and all stock. My plan is to get most of the rust fixed, new paint (red/white) and basic maintenance oils etc.. Hopefully driving this summer.
Will send pics soon..

Welcome Janne,

Looks like you got a nice one. Wouldn't be a 55 without some rust. What's the story with the Fire Department? How did they use it?

Here's my new project.

Owners Name: Janne Jalkanen
Year: 1980
VIN: FJ5500900084
Email: jannejalkanen @ yahoo.com
Any Modifications: Stock

Ex fire truck with 100 000km. Has some rust, but pretty good interior and all stock. My plan is to get most of the rust fixed, new paint (red/white) and basic maintenance oils etc.. Hopefully driving this summer.
Will send pics soon..

Wow! Is it a real 1980 build date? That would be unique! Do you mind posting pics of the plate on the "B" pillar showing build date?
That is cool! Congratulations.
Where are you located?
Do you think the 100,000 km is real? Nice, low mileage Piggy!

I'm from Finland. I believe it has been a person carrier or just for everyday use for fire chief. It was a in service until 2000 and have had two owners since that before me. I'm not sure about the kilometers, but in a kind of use it has been, it's possible.
I'll take a pictire of b-pillar and post it. The first day of registry in Finland is 07.07.1980.
It has an original PTO winch and that was mandatory in Finland on offroad cars at that time. It was an army demand, so they can take yor car for military use if needed. That also made it taxfree for import taxes. At that time tax for a normal car was 133%. Cheap...
I think all European FJ's have barn doors.

Hi
My plan is to convet to diesel engine with 5 speed manual transmission from bj70. First problem is to get windows as the roof is chopped 4 inches. Body is in very good condition,solid with no rust. Interior is complete and in very good condition. Maybe in the future it will be my daily driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom