Wanted FJ45LV project, chasing down exterior body parts and interior lighting (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's taken me 15 years to bust this old girl from storage, but she's free and the restoration is underway. In theory, by the end of this week she'll be 100% mechanically sound and ready for the next phase. I know that I am chasing unicorn hair on this post, but I thought I'd ask.

Parts I am looking for:
Exterior door handles
Door hinges
Interior dome light
any gaskets for hinges, lights, etc.

Also, assuming there are going to be some speed traps along the way. Any advice for a fool?

Thank you

Cruiser heading to the mechanics.jpg

Fj55 dome light works well, that's what I have in mine.

I see you are combing the forum for parts. If you need a door gasket kit, @c2dfj45 has put together a top notch kit. Send him a PM.

X3! More photos and more of where and how you found it.
Thank you and will do. I'll post pics as I can as progress is being made. For the story, it's a long one. But the fast version is I found this in CO back in 2001, when I was young and dumb and in love (with the LV and a girl), so I thought it would be great for my girlfriend and I to fly out to Colorado and drive it back to WI. We did this in august during a heatwave, with small tires and the asphalt baked heat blowing up to our nether regions. In fairness, the girl was game for the first 48, but after that she lost steam and didn't speak to me for the last 48 hours of the trip. The LV was game for the whole trip, and actually made it to Idaho and back a couple times before life ran away from me and it was no longer practical to use as an everyday driver. The girlfriend returned to speaking to me after a few days, and has been my wife for over 16 years. We've decided 2019 is the year to bring the cruiser back to its glory and take the kids on adventures with it. We're going to try out best to keep it original, but failing fast, so we'll see how this all shakes out. Either way, it's going to be awesome.

👍

Why Idaho?

You should start a build thread in the 45 forum with lots of pics.

Will do, thanks for the advice. Perfect timing as I've realized I have about a million questions for the community and was wondering the best way to approach it. Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom