FJ45, whats this worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all. I came across this cruiser and it's up for sale. I don't know much about the history or if there is any mods. As she looks, what would a decent purchase price be? Seller is looking for 5k. Thanks for any insight.
FJ45 011.jpg
FJ45 006.jpg
FJ45 015.jpg

Looks pretty complete. However, it also looks a long way from driveable... but thats just a guess.

It may fire right up.

For me... 5k is too high, but it is a unique cruiser and very complete. If it drives, it is a decent price.

I will add that it does NOT run. Has to be towed out. I don't know the details as to why it does not run though.

I would imagine the seller will wheel and deal. A project would be fun. Last I spoke with seller, there was talk of the truck going to the scrap yard. Would be a shame.

$2000

I would imagine the seller will wheel and deal. A project would be fun. Last I spoke with seller, there was talk of the truck going to the scrap yard. Would be a shame.

Sounds like the seller is just being a di*khead - '$5,000 or I'll scrap it'. He'd be lucky to get $200 for it at a scrap yard.

Look at the floor, rain gutters (sitting under a tree would make me want to really look closely at the gutters), bottom of all doors and the frame very closely. If there is little to no rust (it does look clean, and California is very kind to Cruisers), I'd agree with Kevin - $2,000. If there is rust, go down from there.

You can always sell the PTO for $1000 or so if it is complete to help offset the purchase and restoration.

Times are tough out there, make it work to your advantage. This guy thinks he has the goods; play his game and tell him $2,000 or he can keep it. Tell him the Saginaw conversion ruins the classic appeal for you....

Cheers,

Josh

$500 as it sits.:D
I agree.....one thing about buying the FJ40 is that its unique from the FJ60/62 based on my experience. Its funny because the stigma attatched to the name toyota is: ITS A TOYOTA THEY LAST FOREVER! :rolleyes:

One thing specific I hear with the FJ40 though after searching for one is this one: Its a FJ40 these are classics and will sell for 60k dollars!!!!!! :rolleyes: YES I heard this from folks on ebay and craigslist they tell me this that the FJ40 that they plan to sell to me at their price is that these will and I hate this word 'FETCH' 60K dollars at the auction once you restore it all. (rant off) :rolleyes:

They're cool... Just I don't have 15k to put into a restoration to end up with a 12k truck.

Umm. . .the dude is allowing plants to grow ON the hood, and black widows to play poker in the interior and he's asking five grand??? He obviously saw you drooling.

That's gonna be a massive project any way you slice it. For the money, you should at least be getting an engine that starts. I second the vote on the $2000 offer.

Got it. Thanks for the info from everyone so far. I never met the owner, only spoke on the phone. I was thinking in the 1 to 1.5k range.

I'd say "$5000 for a rusted out, non running, old piece of crap! Are you kidding me! "Then offer him $500, and you'll haull it away, but only if it's currently registered, if not then $300! But then that's me, give him your phone# then go home and wait.:meh:

Did you forget to take a picture of the gold bar in the back? $1500, and $500 of that is for the PTO. I do not think anyone will give him 5k for that. I would love to pick something like this up, but as it sits its a big gamble as to rust under the body and frame. It has clearly been sitting there for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom