FJ45 for me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mud_Guppie

EBI Cruisers
Threads
Website
www.extremebends.com
While looking for a new cruiser project south of the border, I was told about this FJ45
It's not as mint as I was told but it's still very nice
-Runs and drives great
-It was insured when I bought it
-lots of work done recently
-good frame
- good body with a few minor touch ups needed in the usual spots

Biggest bonus for me, it was located in Hope BC and not Texas USA

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Score!! What a beauty. Seems like an impossible find.

Fix the bezel! Keep the teddy bear - it's so you :p

Nice find, look forward to seeing what you have in store for it. Wheeler or resto?

Nice find!! That colour combo is so one-of-a-kind, I'd be tempted not to paint her for a while! :)

Teddy bear is gone
Carpet will be gone tonight
Bib will be flipped back as well
Hopefully the split rims will be back on this weekend too
Stickers gone now
Random PO junk is gone
Pinion seal needs to be done this weekend

Nice find!! That colour combo is so one-of-a-kind, I'd be tempted not to paint her for a while! :)
My thoughts were a good buffing and 4 coats of clear right over top of the old colours.

The paint is growing on me
I have a few spots to touch up before I deal with painting this
It's been garage kept for the last 10 years so I don't know how this paint job will react with rain and dampness

Nice find! That is a beautiful 45!

Congrats Steve.

Hah! I totally missed the carpet, just saw rusty floor. ;)

Should have bought the property too!
Nice to have room for a school bus and a few other essential 'odds and sods'

saw a couple of those sitting in a yard an hour south of the border when camping on the long weekend. 3 or 4 60s as well. Seems like such as waste when you know they haven't moved in quite a while.

update:
this thing rocks but I still don't fit!
Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to flip the bib and ditch the carpet plus whatever else I can get done. So far, I've put on approx 320 kms. Pretty nice, no farts no headaches it starts and runs great.
I found some paperwork for the FJ45. The owner I bought it from said he's had it for 10 plus years. I know the "time flies" expression quite well but the papers show he bought it in 1996 not 2006. I'll phone him to confirm the details though
1996 papers read 80,000km
1999 82,000 and change
today 2017, still less then 83,000
The FJ45 hadn't seen rain in years and I've been rained on 3 times now driving it, so much for summer and keeping the FJ45 dry!!
oh well, I'll probably wash it now to get all the dust off of it
I found more split rims so those will arrive and be on shortly. The FJ45 came with 4 original split rims and rock hard bias tires sitting in the box. I split them apart and one ring had some deep rust in a few spots. I didn't like rust damage so I didn't put them on last week
I'm looking forward to having the split rims back on it plus I'll have a few spares too

0 to 110 kms, it's more than fast enough to get a smile
110 to 115 it's all noise and nothing to smile about
120 and up probably not going to happen (for now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom