Dealer FJ40s Featured This Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still looking for a suitable FJ40, so I conduct daily sweeps of the various dealer and auction websites that frequently list classic 4x4s. I noticed this morning that Classic 4x4 Market will be doing a weekend feature on the FJ40/45 this coming weekend on their Facebook page, and soliciting listings - those of you selling your trucks might consider replicating your listings there; the traffic seems pretty high, at least on their FB page, and I understand that this is "free". There's a submission form to fill out, though I didn't click into it.

Classic 4x4 Market

On a more important note, I'm still searching for a driver-level (not beat up, cut up, or highly modified), stock-ish '70s FJ40. THIS is close to what I want, but it's in Florida! if you have one such for sale in the San Francisco Bay Area, please post a link. Thanks!

On a more important note, I'm still searching for a driver-level (not beat up, cut up, or highly modified), stock-ish '70s FJ40. THIS is close to what I want, but it's in Florida! if you have one such for sale in the San Francisco Bay Area, please post a link. Thanks!

for someone in california great trucks are alittle easier to find. The rest of the country is looking for vehicles from your area to find good examples that are less likely to have rust.

California has smog laws I think 75 and older are safe but 75+ newer have to take a smog test and need alot of expensive smog equipment.

Cali has several nice cruiser shops vally hybrids has earned a good reputation for working on them. they dont sell cruisers that I know of but they may be able to get you in contact with someone that has one forsale they know or tell you where to look in your area
for 25k in cali you should be able to find a very nice truck, that is a good budget for a 40. right now prices are even more inflated because people have disposable income and tax money to spend.

Yup, post-'75 vehicles are not smog-exempt, so I'm looking more at earlier cars - '73 is ideal.

I've noticed a huge support ecosystem in the southern California (Los Angeles) area; I've found a few rigs in my area, but most of them are heavily modified, or left to rot in the open... I'll keep looking, of course. Dry states in the Southwest should also be great for sourcing these (and any) trucks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom