FJ40 Windshield and Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a good source for a new windshield and gasket for a 1973 FJ40. I am located in DFW.

I know that Cool Cruisers sells the gasket. Didnt know if there were other sources for the gasket and windshield.

Any help is much appreciated.

If you have the old windshield as a pattern, I went to a glass shop and they cut one up for me, $120. I use the old gasket, it was in good shape.

Also, one thing I should have done was specified clear glass. Mine has a green tint so it doesn’t match the OEM glass.

SOR Sells a paper template of the windshield. I have a copy of the template you can borrow if you pay shipping.
Dyno

Following this thread. My windshield is still good but the gasket was cut too short so when it rains i get water coming through the windshield. The PO tried to fix it with caulk but it just needs to be fixed.

Had a horrible experience with a windshield falling in on my '73, traveling on freeway; stick with those who know Cruisers. The glass shop copied the windshield, but forgot the seal lock.

My '75 has aftermarket glass from Cruiser Corps. OEM weatherstrip (no seal lock), and was installed by Toyota Service Department.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom