For Sale FJ40 Tub / Body with extra cowl Late 60's $1000 OBO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Surface rust, rear fenders were cut to add bigger tires at some point. Has transmission cover in decent shape and extra cowl not pictured that contains some wiring, nobs and covers. $1000.00 OBO. Located in Peoria, Illinois

IMG_20170116_124524.jpg

IMG_20170116_124530.jpg

IMG_20170116_124533.jpg

IMG_20170116_124537.jpg

IMG_20170116_124544.jpg

Because it doesn't have the opening for the heater blower this is probably a 64 or 65 factory soft model tub. Can tell it had a tailgate at one time which makes it a factory soft top model. The ribs on the dash were gone with the 68 model but Toyota started importing heaters standard to the US market in 66.

Does it have the fixed nuts along the top of the tub to secure the hard top sides? It was around this time Toyota starting installing them on hard top and soft top models.

I remember parting this out. Went to Montana a few years back. Still have the windshield dash latches and maybe more parts. Brother in law Richard built the cart. History lesson for today. GLWS John

This did come from Montana. Too much work to line up on my 78 and couldn't be restored to original.

You can see the holes on the sides to secure the top with.

Wish you were close to pennsylvania. Do you do trades? I have alot of fj40 parts sitting around? call/text 814 442 3342 (only looking for tub for 72)

You can see the holes on the sides to secure the top with.

Those holes would be for the twists used for a soft top, but does look like more them normal. The Kayline replacement tops I have the twists are in a different location and required drilling new holes. The fixed nuts for the hard top are on the horizontal lip if there are there.

I remember parting this out. Went to Montana a few years back. Still have the windshield dash latches and maybe more parts. Brother in law Richard built the cart. History lesson for today. GLWS John

This did come from Montana.

I thought that was Rich's when I first saw the pic. That was 1 of the things I was calling him about, I talked with him this weekend and he got rid of all his parts inventory. He only has the big block 40 left. John thanks for the #

Toyoder good luck with the sale.

I'm sorry this has been sold for a while and I do not know how to delete, mark sold in first message or header, or anything else that would be appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom