fj40 smog stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How much of the different smog systems are needed for the engine to run properly? I removed the air pump several years age.

none of it is needed for an engine to run...in fact most places these were sent too, didnt even have the smog equipment. to be honest an engine will run better with none of it in place.

Last edited:
none of it is needed for an engine to run...in fact most places these were sent too, didnt even have the smog equipment. to honest an engine will run better with none of it in place.

+1

Toyota didn't put any of that stuff on to make the engine run better, they put it on to keep politicians and would-be world improvers happy.

none of it is needed for an engine to run...in fact most places these were sent too, didnt even have the smog equipment. to be honest an engine will run better with none of it in place.
How do I figure out what all to remove and what hoses need to be plugged?

How do I figure out what all to remove and what hoses need to be plugged?
research here....there is more than info here in the forums to get you started and see you through it.

The charcoal canister and vapor separator may have a connection or two to the smog stuff but keep as much of that as intact as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom