FJ40 Knuckle Rebuild??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 73 FJ40 that has wheels that are toed out pretty bad. The passenger side is pretty much pointed right when the steering is pointed straight. When I lift it up, I can move that wheel left and right without the steering rods moving. I know I have hub/wheel issues but trying to figure out what to do. I don’t think it would hurt to buy a knuckle rebuild kit and new wheel bearings. I just wanted to see what the experts say before I buy something I don’t need. Thanks!

IMG_1621.jpeg

something is off with your pic. the driver side wheel has a rotor showing and the tire is close to the tie rod end
passenger side has a gap between the wheel and tie rod end

you need to figure out where the movement is coming from first.

if you have now idea on the last service, it's never a bad idea to go thru the knuckles, but you really need to know what is wrong first

something is off with your pic. the driver side wheel has a rotor showing and the tire is close to the tie rod end
passenger side has a gap between the wheel and tie rod end

you need to figure out where the movement is coming from first.

if you have now idea on the last service, it's never a bad idea to go thru the knuckles, but you really need to know what is wrong first
Who knows when the last service was done on it. This poor truck was literally rode hard and put away wet. I’ve been slowly working on it the last five years.
We put new tie rod ends on it. They’re probably way off though. It needs to be aligned but now I’m thinking the hubs are shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom