FJ40 CruiserCrap.com iCrap Security Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are they using the 6 inch wide tuffy?

I didn't realize you responded. Sorry. I put in the Tuffy 013. It is a frog hair under 8" and fits fine. Probably could have done another half inch. This is the version with the stereo slot in it. I cut a hole and installed a 4-gang rocker switch panel that got good reviews on Amazon. It's all installed except I have not got the switches wired as yet. I trimmed out the OEM console hole to get the cup holders to slide in just a little. It left a gap at the top that I finished out with a piece of black aluminum angle. I didnt get the measurements on your box but I'm pretty sure it would be to long as the Tuffy seems shorter and is still borderline to long.
IMG_1294.JPG
IMG_1295.JPG
IMG_1296.JPG

This looks awesome! I can barely get my FJ in reverse if the passenger seat is too far forward, so there's no way I could use it.

I just have to say, if anyone has seen The League, this sounds like something offered by Taco Corp!

IMG_3297.JPG
IMG_3298.JPG
IMG_3360.JPG
IMG_3362.JPG
IMG_3367.JPG

@SEAWOLF @HemiAlex

Installed into a 83 FJ60, with 62 rear heater.

Used the front mount. Trimmed the length to be shorter. Needed to angle the bracket from 90 to match the front seat rib. Used 2 captured nuts on the front mount (very solid)

Relocated the mount further back on the console. Drilled the console for that, it started to impede the wire access so I cut the bracket to allow full clearance.

I mounted the rear of the console to the heater itself and it's fairly solid. I'm going to roll with it for a week and see if it needs any additional support.

Another happy customer here! Very happy with how ridiculously heavy duty this is. Fits great between my ProCar 90 seats. I just had to cut the inner seat belt mounting tabs off the seat adapters. I moved the buckles to L brackets mounted to the rear seat mounts.

74EBDF52-4D88-4310-893C-0BB98228B8B2.jpeg

2331880B-4427-47EB-B0AA-701697B4FBD0.jpeg

C6D645FB-B423-41BC-94CF-A0E040121D0D.jpeg

A quick shot of the seat belt brackets.
41D4FAA2-1844-4010-BF2E-94A73D6B53E1.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the looks of the icrap better than the Tuffy. When I figure out my seats I will definitely look into this. Hopefully it will fit when the time comes.

would you consider making a 6.5'' wide version?

Hello,

It has now been well over a year since many sectors of the American economy began to shut down in
response to the threats posed by the global COVID-19 pandemic. In particular, my console manufacturer is
currently feeling the effects of shortages in both labor and raw materials that now plague our economy.

Because of these circumstances, I regret to advise you that for the foreseeable future CruiserCrap.com will be unable
to accept any new orders.

I'll update this thread if we begin production again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom