For Sale Fj40 Birmingham Alabama (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota FJ40
Not mine but close to me. Talked to the guy today. Be happy to go take a look if someone's interested. Seems like a solid rig.

Spoke with the owner on the phone — seems like a good guy. I’m definitely interested in this one...going to FaceTime him tomorrow to see it.

Trying to make sure it is a US spec truck. It has heater, roll bar,
Let me know if you want me to lay eyes on it or drive it. Be happy to help.

I’m talking with the guy — I hope to buy it!

Let me know if i can help. I had the same question and based on the little bit of research i did it did appear to be a US spec truck but don't take my word for it.

Trying to make sure it is a US spec truck. It has heater, roll bar, I’m talking with the guy — I hope to buy it!

There are lots of threads on this forum that discuss the topic of identifying US vs. OTHERS, so I won't repeat all that info.

The CL listing is gone so I don't have any pics to reference, but one of the first things I always look at is the speedometer. Like the other things (dash pad, heater, roll bar, etc.) it is not 100% always an indicator, but a good clue in the right direction as to the answer.

USA models should have a speedometer in miles per hour (MPH). Most others will have a speedometer in kilometers per hour (KmH).

USA Spedo

FJ40 Speedo MPH.jpg

OTHER Spedo

FJ40 Speedo KmH.jpg

Last edited:
You didn't ask but my "two cents" is that the non-USA models can be a good deal sometimes and it is not hard to upgrade things like heaters, role bars, disk breaks, etc. Don't cross one off just because it is not a USA spec model.

It looks like there are a couple guys in Orlando and Miami who are importing lots of them and selling them on CL for what I would consider a fair price. As long as you know what you are getting and it is a fair price, I don't see anything wrong with getting a non-USA Cruiser.

Just my thoughts ...

Matthew

Last edited:
The aircleaner under hood is different. On us spec the filter housing is on top of the valve cover. On non us spec the filter housing will not cover the valve cover. We’re talking oem. These parts can all be changed out. I hope it turns out to be a us spec for you.
Let us know how it turns out.

The aircleaner under hood is different. On us spec the filter housing is on top of the valve cover. On non us spec the filter housing will not cover the valve cover. We’re talking oem. These parts can all be changed out. I hope it turns out to be a us spec for you.
Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the insight! Are you saying this in general or about this particular FJ?

You didn't ask but my "two cents" is that the non-USA models can be a good deal sometimes and it is not hard to upgrade things like heaters, role bars, disk breaks, etc. Do cross one off just because it is not a USA spec model.

It looks like there are a couple guys in Orlando and Miami who are importing lots of them and selling them on CL for what I would consider a fair price. As long as you know what you are getting and it is a fair price, I don't see anything wrong with getting a non-USA Cruiser.

Just my thoughts ...

Matthew

Thanks Matthew

There are lots of threads on this forum that discuss the topic of identifying US vs. OTHERS, so I won't repeat all that info.

The CL listing is gone so I don't have any pic to reference, but one of the first things I always look at is the speedometer. Like the other things (dash pad, heater, roll bar, etc.) it is not 100% always an indicator, but a good clue in the right direction as to the answer.

USA models should have a speedometer in miles per hour (MPH). Most others will have a speedometer in kilometers per hour (KmH).

USA Spedo

View attachment 1847379

OTHER Spedo

View attachment 1847380

Thanks @Vexvader

The CL listing is gone so I don't have any pic to reference, but one of the first things I always look at is the speedometer. Like the other things (dash pad, heater, roll bar, etc.) it is not 100% always an indicator, but a good clue in the right direction as to the answer.

USA Spedo

View attachment 1847379

OTHER Spedo

View attachment 1847380

Thanks @Vexvader

First pic is US spec. Second photo is a example of a non US spec. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom