FJ35 Info: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In New Zealand? That's my back yard? Do you have any more info of it’s whereabouts? My FJ25 is the only one in the country that I know and not many people in New Zealand are aware that it exist here. I personally yet to come across of a cruiser (other than mine) earlier than 1970 here.

Sorry Archie, that's all I've got. At the time I couldn't afford to pursue it but sure wish I had today. Marv said the entire warehouse was filled with old cars, one parked tight up to the other. He said it was in the middle and 50 cars would have to be moved to get to it.

I saw this on Ebay, it says its for a 1948 Plymouth.
Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 11.36.16 AM.png

Found !! Proof the Japanese DID copy American products. The other part of what my Dad said, was that they used all our old tin cans to make their cars, like those Japanese Jeep things some fellas collect nowdays ! Gollee.

Interesting find--thanx.

Note the 3 horizontal raised bars, coincidence or some design that means something? Similar to the dash, and front bib. Any other places on a Land Cruiser? John

Yes, most of the FJ28Ls &VAs had 3 bars at the top of the doors although only 2 at the bottom. Hunter's heater also has 3 bars but probably an aftermarket part installed at the dealer?

IMG_8220.jpg
FJ28 5.jpg

And here's a pic of the glass that rick_d was talking about...

IMG_4940.jpg

I noticed this rear pic never made the thread either...

IMG_20200416_192259979~2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, most of the FJ28Ls &VAs had 3 bars at the top of the doors although only 2 at the bottom. Hunter's heater also has 3 bars but probably an aftermarket part installed at the dealer?

View attachment 2268669View attachment 2268671

And here's a pic of the glass that rick_d was talking about...

View attachment 2268678
That heater is pretty easy to come by new in japan still. Not sure if that means it wasn’t a dealer add, or if that means it was just a recent install.

86660707-6624-4F00-89B5-2B9BD9B7811B.jpeg

If you notice there are no mirrors of any kind on this 35 except for the pass front fender which is pretty much useless. This has got to be a very early pic. And yeah, I gave my reflectors away to another mudder a long time ago. ;)

Note the 3 horizontal raised bars, coincidence or some design that means something? Similar to the dash, and front bib. Any other places on a Land Cruiser? John
I tried to find out if 3 was a lucky number in japan, but sounds like 8 is the lucky number there. Interesting observation though, maybe @JohnnyC can talk to the folks at Gifu :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom