FJ-60 Old Man Emu Install - My Tips (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a good tip if you are doing one of these by yourself is to have a small ratchet strap... you can use it to leverage the springs and get things aligned when going back together, which is a little bit of a challenge by yourself. Something thats adjustable and will work in tight spaces.
What I had to do, OE bottle jacks aren't just for changing flats!
IMG_0649.jpg

What I had to do, OE bottle jacks aren't just for changing flats!
IMG_0649.jpg

:lol: I always use my OE bottle jack for everything except changing tires. With the stock suspension and 33's, the thing didn't even lift a tire off the ground!

Looks really nice. Planning on doing the same to mine.

Gary Cobberly made a few a while back.

After all these years and you still dont know how to spell my name? Coberly.....1 B

Gary, you wouldn't happen to still have the specs/designs of that bumper handy? I like it an awful lot and would like to build one just like it or perhaps tweak it a bit.

As for the 60 on topic, what a beautiful rig. Love the color.

Tires are on...I love the way it rides.

I am 1/2" taller on the driver's rear corner. Front sits level.

Springs are Heavy front and Medium rear. Still has the stinkbug rake, but I plan on loading down the rear over time.

Hey wngrog, where did you get ya front bumpa?

I remember your first 60. That was a sweet ride. I think you will love your new tires. They ride and drive great. Maybe i will see you at gsmtr.

Sorry for the confusion....this is how it is supposed to be.

Not to hijack this thread....But does anyone have an specs on this truck?^^^^^

Build thread? Tire specs??

I am assuming OME lift and 16 inch steelies

Trying to figure out if those could be 235/85r16's or 255/85r's ?

Actually those look like stock FJ40 steelies (pizza cutters) which are 15x5.5 I believe. So those KM2s would be 33x9.5x15 from what I gather by the look.

Can I see a pic of your front diff/drive shaft orientation (I'm asking for this in another tech thread here in the 60 section if you want to post there). It would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Guys...

I've installed an OME lift from Man-A-Free on my FJ60 and, overall, am pretty happy with it.

Questions:

How and where are the aluminum shims supposed to go in? Best I can guess (from what I've read) they go on the front axle to correct the angle of attack in the front.

1. Is this right?
2. If no to #1, then where do they go?
3. If yes to #1, which direction do they go in? Thick part toward front or rear of vehicle?
4. Have any of you installed a rear sway bar? Good or bad idea?

Thanks in advance,

Turk

I believe there's a OME 2-3" and a OME Manafre 4" with shackle reversal. I'm guessing you have the first one? Forgive me for my ignorance. I'm learning.

I’ve been installing quite a few OME kits lately and I read through this to make sure it is still relevant after 10 years.

One change is the nuts that hold the shackle pins are now 22mm.

Also there are good aftermarket copies
Of the OME greasable pins and anti inversion shackles available now via @Cruiser Corps and @cruiseroutfit

53C3D30B-222B-466B-A55F-419ECC20E475.jpeg

When I bought my 60 it had an OME lift it has shackles in the rear also is that common. I've only seen the shackles in the front. Which I have also. Can anyone help me figure what lift I have.

When I bought my 60 it had an OME lift it has shackles in the rear also is that common. I've only seen the shackles in the front. Which I have also. Can anyone help me figure what lift I have.

Sounds like you have a shackle reversal kit on the front of your Cruiser.

It was all the rage at one point. People used to install them often. Man-a-Fre sold 4Plus kit for years.

Hi, I run OME heavy in back with the rear sway bat, we trailer a lot . Mediums in front. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom