FJ 60 Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I am looking to buy either an fj60 or fj62 as my daily driver. if I have googled for days and cannot find the front and rear seat legroom, hip room, and shoulder room.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don't know the dimensions, but I am 6 foot, 185, plenty of space in any seat.

Don't know the dimensions, but I am 6 foot, 185, plenty of space in any seat.

Thanks for the reply. We are about the same height but you are more trim than I. Do you have legroom in the back when the seats in the front are all the way back?

I am looking for the numbers for comparison purposes to what I have now and to each other if there is a difference between the 60 v 62.

The 60 and 62 are identical. I haven't tried to sit in the back seat when the front seat is all the way back, but I'd guess the legroom is similar to a coach airplane seat in that case. Kids will be fine, smaller adults will be fine. Larger adults will want more room. A full size american truck or SUV will have more room in the back seat.

The 60 and 62 are identical. I haven't tried to sit in the back seat when the front seat is all the way back, but I'd guess the legroom is similar to a coach airplane seat in that case. Kids will be fine, smaller adults will be fine. Larger adults will want more room. A full size american truck or SUV will have more room in the back seat.
That is great information thank you.

I currently am able to fit three car seats across my mid-size SUV and there is enough legroom for all. The kids wont be in there all the time but I just need to know if that is even a possibility.

I think they will fit, but the 60 only came w/lap belts. Some 62's have shoulder belts on the outside, but not on the middle seat. Suggest you do a search on here for what folks have done in order to fit modern kid seats.

What measurements do you want I can run a tape measure around if you tell me what/where to measure.
Thank you. I guess the best indicator of size would be the width of the back seat at the base where it connect to the back rest and the most narrow point between the two back doors above the back seat. The distance from the back seat front most point to the back of the front seat would be helpful when the front seat is all the way forward and all the way back. Thank you for your time and consideration. I really want this to work.

*Back of theSeat base between the wheel arches is 43.3" (1100mm)
* The narrowest point above the back seat is the roof 44.4" (1130mm)
* From the front of the base of the back seat to the rear of the front seat all the way forward 13.3" (340mm)
* From the front of the base of the back seat to the rear of the front seat all the way back 9.8" (250mm)
I don't normally work in inches so I had to put it through the calculator. Hope that helps

*Back of theSeat base between the wheel arches is 43.3" (1100mm)
* The narrowest point above the back seat is the roof 44.4" (1130mm)
* From the front of the base of the back seat to the rear of the front seat all the way forward 13.3" (340mm)
* From the front of the base of the back seat to the rear of the front seat all the way back 9.8" (250mm)
I don't normally work in inches so I had to put it through the calculator. Hope that helps
Thank you so much for doing that for me. I will run a tape measure in my current ride. Could you possibly measure the width of the rear seat at the front of the rear seat where the legs hang over and the rear left door to rear right door measurement at the windows? I think that is actually the "hip room" and "shoulder room" measurements respectively. I am thrilled this might actually be a possibility.

Fantastic! I think it actually is bigger than my current vehicle. One thing that I did notice is that it is narrower where the armrest's are on each door. Could you spot me one last measurement from between each armrest in the rear doors? I plan on measuring my current vehicle and cross-referencing with the dimensions listed in its manual to give a finding for the FJ60 approximate hip, shoulder, and legroom based on the measurements you have so kindly provided. Someone else may find it useful down the road. Thanks again. I look forward to contributing to this community as best I can.

Between the arm rests are 4" narrower then the for to door measurement. the seat base is wider at the front as the back of the base is between the wheel arches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom