FJ 45 Tub Trailer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh man, i wish you had started this a year ago and then i would have the whole finished article to read….your going to keep me on my toes now for the next few months :( hahahaha

It a brilliant idea. I normally make (well i help my old man) trailers from scratch using a pro box axle only and then building everything up from there, but this idea just looks too good.

Oh man, i wish you had started this a year ago and then i would have the whole finished article to read….your going to keep me on my toes now for the next few months :( hahahaha It a brilliant idea. I normally make (well i help my old man) trailers from scratch using a pro box axle only and then building everything up from there, but this idea just looks too good.

Thanks Marcus.

Well I've been thinking about this for a year now.

Here she is on her first trip. The welds broke on the rack carrying the kayak. The suspension lost two nuts holding a u bolt.

Tales from the trail.

The build continues. But with this trip in mind I will beef every thing up to make it a rugged as possible.

Stay tuned

image-2196077621.jpg

Awesome build. Good thing it broke down on the trail and not on the highway heading home! Subscribed

Yes it was a good thing I was going slow when my axle fell away from the leaf springs.

Got home on three bolts on each side.

Ok it's been a while since I looked at the trailer after the last trip because I got a FJ 80 and a roof top tent. So I'm sort of sorted for space and sleeping.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400074114.673788.jpg

Didn't like the speed limiting with the tent on top.

So I have placed it on the trailer to see and it's a perfect fit.

I like it a lot. It's finally coming together.

Will be taking the trailer to get sand blasted and primed for the next stage of the build. Metal work and fabrication.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400074282.805575.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400074315.956275.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1400074347.788896.jpg

Sorry I haven't had a chance to work in this build but it's always in the back of mind.

Will try continue soon. Stay tuned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom