fj 40 title question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

went thru this a few months ago. for you to buy it, it should have went to a sheriffs sale, then you would get title.

On mine I had a sheriff deputy neighbor run the guy's name and he got me an address and we worked it out and had to do a lost title, 3 or 4 weeks later and it was good. But the guy could have been a jerk and wanted the rig back as he is the rightful owner.

I am in kind of the same boat the po did not have a title and he has no clue who he bought it from in nevada so basically I can't contact the owner who had it registered last because I don't know who he is. Where might you find a title and vin tag you could buy?

The tow truck operator would be breaking the law in most states to sell you an impound rig without paperwork. Hr impounds vehicles under specific authorization from the state.

Why would you buy a rig with no title and no bill of sale????

Like already said, you basically have a stolen vehicle.

Start cutting VINs of of the frame of and playing games with titles from other rigs and now you ARE committing felonies.

Is it worth it for a POS parts rig?

Mark...

The tow truck operator would be breaking the law in most states to sell you an impound rig without paperwork. Hr impounds vehicles under specific authorization from the state.

Start cutting VINs of of the frame of and playing games with titles from other rigs and now you ARE committing felonies.

Is it worth it for a POS parts rig?

Mark...

How can you it's essentially a stolen vehicle?

My DeSoto had no paperwork, only because a freind of mine bought it from someone who never got the title from the PO because she died.

Just because a vehicle has no title, doesn't mean it's stolen.

I got a name

I have a name of the owner and address. think it is a kid and I think he is in jail, I left a message with the parents, I am just waiting for the to call back.

Mark...
Stolen, probablly not. Altering VIN#s that is a FELONY in most states. If the truck is stolen or not, dick with the title and/or VINs, you will do some serious time. States dont like their legal processes messed with. DONT do it.
PBR:popcorn:

You need to find someone in Missoula that will help you go to another yard and ask them what to do, you can put some heat on the other guy and have him do it right, just get the paper work from some one you know and have him process it, just tell him your trying to keep both of you out of trouble, I know the treasurer in Yellowstone county real well if you still have problems I'll get the infor you need and well see what we can do, but don't forge anything or swap vins big trouble, Larry

title

I bought a 77 40 in SC with no title. I am going thru the same ropes of getting it registered in GA. I printed a bill of sale from GA DMV website and had the PO sign it. I got it insured now gonna be towing the rig to the sheriffs office to get vin# inspected (tag office will provide the form for inspector to fill out) so that I can register it and apply for a GA tag. Still don't have an actual title though.

Wes

I bought a 77 40 in SC with no title. I am going thru the same ropes of getting it registered in GA. I printed a bill of sale from GA DMV website and had the PO sign it. I got it insured now gonna be towing the rig to the sheriffs office to get vin# inspected (tag office will provide the form for inspector to fill out) so that I can register it and apply for a GA tag. Still don't have an actual title though.

Wes
You will not be issued a title in GA for that due to age. You will just get registration. If you want a title once it is registered to make it easier to sell then go through the Broqadway Title Co or similar company and then you can use that and your GA registration to re-register in SC or another title state. That is what my boss did for an older ford to get it registered and a title issued in TN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom