Finally started it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll give you a grand and for the project, at this rate it will be retirement before your done.
Later

Ardenne and I got back from the Razorback Ramble and Devin and his son Trent had made some killer progress. Guess stuff goes a little better without me there!! They have gotten the front body mounts fabbed up and welded in place. Still need to box them in a little
IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

Driver's side floorpan and driver's side and center firewall are close to done
IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

Seats and console will come out as one unit to allow access to the tcase and tranny.

The floor is also built up to allow for drivetrain clearance as well as to allow the floor to be washed out easier
IMG_1426.jpg

From the engine compartment
IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

How she looks from the front
IMG_1411.jpg

When you told me at the Ramble you were building a runner I was thinking you were just going to throw some tires under it and call it a day.

Well... I guess I was wrong

Sweet ride and nearly finished!

damn fireman that runner is looking great!

one step closer to the end!

Hopefully we can get some work done on it tonight. Devin's son is racing mountain bikes and is pretty competitive so they are staying busy on a lot of weekiends with that.

KLR sold today. A guy came up from Weatherford and picked it up. I hate selling toys!! More $$$ for the Runner though.

what's a KLR?

Motorcycle that I've always wanted. Nice dual sport bikes that have quite a following kinda like our cruisers. The guy who bought mine already has 7 of them.

Working on skinning the floor area behind the seats out and we decided that we had better get the battery box made since it mounts under the rear passenger seat.

IMG_1448.jpg

Cut it out and bent it up:
IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

Added some scallops for drainage and welded it up:
IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Added the hold down brackets:
IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

We tacked it in and just have to burn it in. Plenty stout since its made out of 3/16 or 1/4" plate. Should take a hit if it accidentally takes a shot from a rock.

Battery box came out great!
I like the hold down. Is there a hold down on other side of each battery as well?

Nope, the sides and the center hold down keep it secured down low and the the center hold down plate holds it tight. I was kinda skeptical at first but Devin told me to shut up and wait to see. He was right again. After it was done and the batteries secured, I tred to shake, knock and twist them loose. Couldn't budge them!!!

Cool !I was hoping you would say that ! I may have to steal that design. ;)I hate the bar across the top typical hold down.

Got some work done last night. Weather was great!!!

Notched the frame for the hydraulic steering line

IMG_1545.jpg

Welded the battery box in

IMG_1546.jpg

Mounted the rear suck down winch

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

And then boxed the front body mounts in and worked on the firewall a little

IMG_1550.jpg

Firewall is done!

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

Get the t case brake done, the rest of the floor, order driveshafts and make a gas tank next!

And Heather trying to match Devin's Jeep in color.

IMG_1559.jpg

I predict you are going to have a bad miss on one cyl.....:flipoff2:

I predict you are going to have a bad miss on one cyl.....:flipoff2:

lol..had to go back and look again, but spotted what you were mentioning.

i've got a brand new one that pulled out (not quite that bad)....thankfully i'm a few ((or many at the rate i'm working) away from trying to fire the engine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom