Finally got me one (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update again. Acquisition of HFS/BDS 4 inch lift. I need to get to work ;)

BDS-HFS4inlift.jpg

Bondo over bad welds and some rust. That fender is actually much better than the drivers side. The thing was rolled on it's driver's side or wrecked there b4 I got it. Some fabrication must have taken place. Lots of ground off welds on the left. May be doing a major body job next year with original Sky Blue paint, which is more $$$ than I want to put into it this year. Gotta get rid of the surface rust right now and work on getting it ready for the trail. No doubt it will be scratched by some pine trees hanging low on the CO trails anyway. :whoops:

They also marked the springs really well with yellow tags, so if I stay out of the :beer: while working on it maybe I'll get it right. Now, back to the garage for a few hours.... :banana:

exellent work im mostly in the 70 series tech but i like to see the 40's, i miss my 1980 fj40 i bought it in 88 when i graduated from highchool for 5800.00
same sky blue paint i love that colour good luck, exellent progress and congrates
aaron

:D 4/15/2007 4:00 pm - Springs installed. I attribute it all to this can below. Comparing mine (245/75-16s) with a lifted Jeep with 285/75-16s.

FJ40yeah4152007014.jpg

FJ40yeah4152007031.jpg

FJ40yeah4152007030.jpg

FJ40yeah4152007029.jpg

FJ40yeah4152007028.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! You really got that thing looking GR8!!!

Hard work pays off huh?

I haven't logged my time with this so far but I'd say it has been about 20 hours a weekend since I got it. Most of the time is just looking at it and drooling......:smokin:

Looking great... Sounds like you have been busy even if most of it was just drooling..:beer:

I just got the 4" HFS Kit. I have a question for you. Did it come with any shock mounting hardware? I mean besides the busings and sleeves I recived only one bolt for a shock mount. Not sure if I was supposed to receive it or if I was supposed to get more.

The truck is looking great. Nice job.

Looking better every week, you don't drag your feet do you! Cool.

Looking better every week, you don't drag your feet do you! Cool.

Never seems to be enough time or money to get this all accomplished. ;)

I just got the 4" HFS Kit. I have a question for you. Did it come with any shock mounting hardware? I mean besides the busings and sleeves I recived only one bolt for a shock mount. Not sure if I was supposed to receive it or if I was supposed to get more.

The truck is looking great. Nice job.

No Hardware other than some washers and the front top bolts. Going to hardware store for extras needed. :confused:

Looks amazing already! wish I could spend that much time on my rig a week. now sell the Heep and put all the money in to the 40 just playing, looks great!

That's a friends Jeep. I don't mind too much, but I opt for the 40 instead.

Last edited:
now sell the Heep and put all the money in to the 40 :D just playing, looks great!

Hey now, thats my Jeep. I do also have a 2002 Tacoma Dcab on OME lift, 32's, factory locked rear, ARB bumper on front, supecharged, etc. I'm also the Northern Region Director for Toyota Territory Offroaders Assocation here in Colorado. And I get s*** from Jeep and Toyota owners.:flipoff2:

That YJ is equipped pretty well, with nice low gearing and those switches that make the compressor kick on and make the diff go "click". :beer:

Update:

Moved the hard top to the basement and received a grey Bestop today. ;)

Last edited:
Hey now, thats my Jeep. I do also have a 2002 Tacoma Dcab on OME lift, 32's, factory locked rear, ARB bumper on front, supecharged, etc. I'm also the Northern Region Director for Toyota Territory Offroaders Assocation here in Colorado. And I get s*** from Jeep and Toyota owners.:flipoff2:

As long as you got a Yota of some sort i got respect. im just playing i wheel some heeps well just one hes a close buddy of mine it does fine but mine does better... only because mine sits in the garage and hovers on jack stands:flipoff2:

Top installed. Bought it for almost 1/2 price NIB. I think I'm going to paint the bezel this color ;)

100_1523.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom