Fender Flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have any input about fender flares for my 76 FJ40 ? I DO NOT want to cut or drill into my body that I have been working on for the past year.I am planning on running 33x12.5's.

ditto. spring it over with 33's. it'll look silly, but should give you what you are looking for.

I have 10.5's on mine uncut but 12.5's will not work. I don't think you can clamp flairs so you will have to at least drill...Sorry

I DO NOT want to cut or drill into my body that I have been working on for the past year.

How do you think that that fender flares are attached to a body panel?

Perhaps you could use liquid nailz.....

maybe Gorilla Glue found at your local ACE. I'm going to weld t-nuts on the backside of my fender to attach my flares, just a thought, maybe harder than the Gorilla Glue though

I know you don't want to drill, but you can place rubber grommets on the inside and outside of the bolts/nut where you've drilled. Its what I did. I just can see glueing becasue of the mess.

You either need to "plan" on running a skinnier tire or "plan" on cutting the rear fenderwells

Honestly I could almost feel how split you could be about mounting flares vs destroying a good quarter panel. What I think many others including myself contemplate is the value of your rig. If your so concerned about cutting/drilling the fender then don't modify it. the factory configuration was great for many tire set-ups. Figure your priorities and go for it>

Dude!! Stop doing bong hits before you post!

I can't think of anyway to fasten a flare with a screw or bolt. I body clip might work, but only for a short while; even then you don't have enough body on the fender lip to hold a flare on. Duramex is the only two part epoxy adhesive I would even consider for a load bearing job. even with duramex the bond will only be as strong as the paint is held to the body. Either ditch the wide tires, go with a seriously tall lift or drill the damn things. Just put some paint in the hole first and then use a little permatex in them to keep out the elements.

Keep on smokin' there budddy!

Let someone else mount the flares while you go out to dinner with your wife/girlfriend and when you come home it will be done and you did not have to wittness the drilling, screwing,the cussing, and mutilation of your body work.

33x12.5 = gotta open up those fenders. As for your flares question good luck finding a no-cut no drill flare

x2 - I run this exact tire size and the fenders wells were cut.

Anyway.... the best, cleanest appearing route will be small drill holes with rivets. Most nice fender flares (like those by MAF) come with nice evenly spaced holes already on the flares, you just make nice clean holes in the body and rivet (forget screws) and it looks as good as it gets. Hell, you can even get black rivets so it blends in even more.

xxlffweb.jpg

^^^Where did you get those rocker guards.. Very nice truck

^^^Where did you get those rocker guards.. Very nice truck

that is not my rig.... just the one off of Man-A-Fre to show the dude the flares with rivets.. but I have the exact same setup

here are mine...

flares.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom