Trade Feeler- WTT FJ62 for a FJ40 [SC] (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm the second owner of this 62. Orginal purchased from Burke Toyota in Denver. Frame ws in pretty good shape, a few rust spots. First was on the passanger side fender. I ended up ripping it out when trying to take the snake binding off. I've ground the rust down with a wire wheel and put naval jelly on it. The rear passanger had some rust around the rear wheel. I grinded that down as well. I covered it in herculiner.

Mods:
Newer Ultra Heavy OME kit. CS005F with all the fixings.
Less than 2k miles on 33x10.5 BFG MT + 33x10.5 BFG AT Spare
New radiator and OEM hoses
New reman oem starter
Recently tuned up
New OEM waterpump/fan clutch
Front ARB
Recent oil change with 15w40 Rottela with OEM filter
New OEM air filter
New WTS unit
New yellow top battery
New ATF
New oil in pumpkins
Thule Bike rack - 3 bike trays
SROR rear bumper with dual swing outs
Aussie locker (not install, but can be before exchange)
New OEM antenna Mast (not installed, but can be before exchange)
OEM Rear pinion seal (not installed, but can be before exchange)
Aftermarket plate trannycooler

Bad:
It will need a new rear main seal in the future. Very slow leak. I havent had to add any oil in between oil changes. Use OEM filter and Rottela T 15/40.
A few dents - some pinstriping
Paint fading

A few spare parts to go with it. (axle shafts/birfs etc)

Looking for a stock to mildly lifted 40. Would like 74+ if possible.

Thanks
John
Resampled_2011-12-17_14-39-28_976.jpg
Resampled_2011-12-17_15-04-30_367.jpg
Resampled_2011-12-17_15-04-37_246.jpg

thanks for the assist fab23, thats the link to my post and i'm definitely interested in a trade. i keep running into dead ends with people selling their cruisers and not looking for trades. I'm about 425miles from you in Norfolk,VA

Don't let this guy fool you. It's a really nice cruiser for it's age. Runs great. I ride in it quite often.

Thanks Marshall. 62 is in good shape. Going back to the rust, very little surface rust on the frame and little surface rust on the body. This would be a good DD. Forgot to add, front axle was recently rebuilt and new brake pads and a new oem alternator was installed. Great truck, but riding in Marshall's 40 got me thinking. If a good trade works out, awesome, if not, i still have a great truck on my hands. I'll try to get some more pictures this weekend.

thanks for the assist fab23, thats the link to my post and i'm definitely interested in a trade. i keep running into dead ends with people selling their cruisers and not looking for trades. I'm about 425miles from you in Norfolk,VA

Thank you for your interest, you have a nice 40 there. At this time, I'm looking for something with a 2F. If that changes, you'll be one of the first to know.

Thanks Gabe! Already been speaking to him, but i believe i am too late. Very sweet cruiser though.

'72 Fj40 with a 2F, 3 speed. Needs some work. PM me if you are interested. It is parked in Maryland at my friends house.
image-3382082373.jpg

Bump.

Drove it yesterday and got a "nice truck" from a little kid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom